When do you start to lose interest in a save and how do you continue?

Like everyone had said in this thread, you have to set yourself a challenge. For example, you could try and win as many league title from many countries as possible. Or take a club from the lower leagues into the Premier League if you want.

If you spend some time trying out different games then you'll eventually find the one which could keep yourself hooked. I'm currently managing Preston North End (never managed a Championship club before as I thought it wasn't that entertaining) and so far after 3 seasons I am loving it :wub:

Normally I start loosing interest if I go too long with out winning anything. But I have remained interested in my current save through 4 seasons because I am having a competition with my brother to see who can be the first to take a League Two side to Champions League glory. I have to win this competition so I can not give up on the save, and its the first time I have taken a club from that far down and consolidated in the top flight, or will be doing that.

Setting challenges and goals is the way to do it.

i usually struggle to get past 4 seasons. i think 5 seasons is the longest i have managed. before i start a fresh. i think i usually just keep thinking of real teams in the present and reckon i know how to improve them and so i end up just moving on to doing that

lol! its funny how the same game can have loads of replay value for some, and yet also get boring really soon for different people!

A first it was after 3-4 season i get bored. now im in my 8th season, and still having fun. imagine, ur transfer budget dropped from 20m pounds to 1m pounds, juts because of financial crisis. lol my boardroom