When I make a new tactic my old ones become unfamiliar....

ohembrough747

Reaction score
I'm having a somewhat up and down season, as a result I'm playing around with my tactics. I usually have 3 tactics to choose from, so in order to create a new one I delete one and do not in any way interfere with the other tactics (I do not delete them or change them or even click on them!) but whenever I make a new tactic my old ones, that are already familiar suddenly become awkward or worse meaning my players have to start learning them again. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening, cause it's ruining my game!

Wait what, so you have 3 employed tactics on fluid, you delete one and get them to learn a new one and the other 2 degrade? or does the 3rd one u removed get forgotten? (coz this is right if it does)

It is right either way, when you create a new tactic that is completely different to the others, the familiarity goes down.

Personally, I think this is realistic. I think that creating a new tactic should make it take longer to learn multiple different tactics at once, but not for the familiarity to go down... If I am learning a foreign language I don't suddenly forget how to speak English, it just takes me longer than if I had never learnt English to begin with!

If I am learning a foreign language I don't suddenly forget how to speak English, it just takes me longer than if I had never learnt English to begin with!
This is my point.....no offence but it seems to me you sorta contradicted yourself lol!

This is my point.....no offence but it seems to me you sorta contradicted yourself lol!

When you say "old ones" are you talking about the 2 tactics that are left, or the 3rd one that you replaced with the new one?

I meant it is meant to happen (The game is designed so this will happen) so it isn't a bug or anything, but realistically it probably shouldn't be that way...

When you say "old ones" are you talking about the 2 tactics that are left, or the 3rd one that you replaced with the new one?

The 2 tactics that are left. They are the ones on screen, not the ones that I have made in other games etc

The 2 tactics that are left. They are the ones on screen, not the ones that I have made in other games etc

That shouldnt happen during the season... are you tweaking them in anyway?

I think à smaller drop is realistic as the players should be effected by it. After all, it's not about " knowing the tactic " at such but more in the lines of understanding AND feeling confortable with knowing WHEN to do what. If introducing a new approach, it should raise a certain anxiousness, make them slightly less focused on what they already see as " clear" and therefor the " bars" of the old tactics should be effected/be dropped slightly. But only slightly.

If tinkering too much on a regular basis, then in real life players would get anxious about it big time and here we should in my opinion see a bigger drop. Naturally, this should only happen in one decides to press continue and not if just playing around with the sliders without any ingame time has passed.

Shouldn't it? It has always done it on mine, and I do make tweaks but it also does it when I make a completely new tactic without touching the other 2!

Shouldn't it? It has always done it on mine, and I do make tweaks but it also does it when I make a completely new tactic without touching the other 2!

Familiarity shouldnt fall during the season, as long as you are not significantly tweaking the other 2

Familiarity shouldnt fall during the season, as long as you are not significantly tweaking the other 2

You 100% sure? Because it did it on FM12 too, even when I don't touch the others. If I am using 2 tactics with lots of closing down, then create a 3rd but with standing off the familiarity bar for the other 2 tactics both drop! But Going by TBHs post it seems the same happens to her?

You 100% sure? Because it did it on FM12 too, even when I don't touch the others. If I am using 2 tactics with lots of closing down, then create a 3rd but with standing off the familiarity bar for the other 2 tactics both drop! But Going by TBHs post it seems the same happens to her?

Let me run FM and do a test

WC4Xu8R.png

wwvQsuC.png

KrtvAxK.png

Well I've made changes each time to the 3rd one, the other 2 dont change. Even this third one actually replaced another formation a few weeks back.

Not at all mate, I promise i'm not doing anything weird and i'm pretty sure i'm not doing anything stupid, it could be because I have slightly strange tactics it drops more? I have a 4231 with 2 WB's and 3AM's...

Wierd. I would do the same but I am still during pre-season and I just created a new tactic, so they the familiarity is already low. I'll do what you did when they get high again.