When i try to load fm2011 it says "fm2011 is dangerously low on memory"

03fayea

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody new a solution to this problem because it is stopping me playing fm alltogether, thanks for any help i get and will post if they work or not.

yes it does, i checked all that before and have been playin fm for 5 years. there is plenty of spare memory to run fm

i've just had the same thing happen to me and im only 3 games into the first season. i've never had this problem before on any of the previous games. the only thing i can think may of caused it is the huge logo megapack i put on (2gb worth) but i dont know if that affects RAM.

Exactly how much ram do you have? I have 4GB in both of my machines and never get such messages. The logopacks ect. shouldn't affect RAM usage too much. To me it sounds like you should just buy some more RAM. It is cheap anyway.

thank for the input guys, i'll check it a nd get back tomorrow. meanwile any other suggestions are more than welcome, i just wanna play fm agen lol

Exactly how much ram do you have? I have 4GB in both of my machines and never get such messages. The logopacks ect. shouldn't affect RAM usage too much. To me it sounds like you should just buy some more RAM. It is cheap anyway.
i've only 2GB on the laptop im using at the mo but i make sure no other programs are running when im playing, except for norton. the minimum game specs require 1GB so surely 2GB should be enough

i've only 2GB on the laptop im using at the mo but i make sure no other programs are running when im playing, except for norton. the minimum game specs require 1GB so surely 2GB should be enough

This should be plenty for the game but its also important to know the Operating System you are using. If you have windows Vista then you might need extra ram. Also the game uses easy 1 gig of ram and if your graphics card memory uses the same ram for graphics instead of its own and also vista on it.... then you need more ram.

I also recommend to check your c disk if there is some space left to run windows on.

it also happend to me and i have 4GB :( my game is ruined...

this happened to me on last version 2010, so my solution was to buy new laptop. had to lie and convince wife we needed new one as old one had a virus

This is happening to me. I don't know why when I have 6GB of Ram and Windows 7!

Same problem for me !! After about 8 matches played it flashes up low on memory but doesn't allow a save,so you press ok and the game crashes !! Never had this problem with previous versions or the FM11 demo. I'm running 3gb of memory with 32bit Vista and have tried various game boosters which switch off background applications and ram re-claimers but nothing works. When playing FM11 it states I still have 1.5Gb of memory ! The only solution is to save and re-boot after approx every 5 matches played ! I have also deleted the cache file but that didn't help either !!

It's literally just happened to me aswell. Was about to finish 1st season and get promoted to Blue Square league then bang.....low memory message. Cry? nearly yes. Never happened on FM 2010 or previous versions, no facepacks installed or anything. Gonna try again and see what happens. Could be a one of (i ****** hope so anyway!)

thats your biggest problem norton (biggest waste of money ever) it can slow your comp down a lot. Kapersky is much better and doesnt and runs in the background without slowing down my comp. get a new antivirus

Thats a good point about Norton - never thought about that. Thanks for mentioning it :)