Akuthia

Reaction score
will/can a player learn that position? or is that relegated only to the actual training of new positions?

If your just covering short term for injury I wouldn't worry about retraining, just play the most suited player in the position.
But if you want to add another playing position to a players ability then yes, I believe you have to retrain him to get the green dot/indicator.

Last edited:
I kinda figured I would need to actually do the training. I'm playing a relatively small club, at the moment at least, and am trying to get players cross trained in coverage as best as I can, especially my main strikers, so they can move between a 4-4-2 striker, and a 4-5-1 midfielder, or similar. Going for the same with mids being able to move around a bit.

This is probably the only time I would recommend 'Genie Scout' because there you can see who your most adaptable players are (think of it as talking to them) that way you don't waste time retraining players who just wont retrain well.

Eh, that doesnt particularly concern me. I have plenty of young players I can start with. Those that can't get trained in a secondary position (and aren't utterly ridiculously good) can get culled.

Look for attributes in the striker that fit a mid like more passing, positioning, creativity, team work, etc.