Orlandosaint

Reaction score
As you can tell from my number of posts, I am new to the forum so I will give you a brief introduction of who I am. I'm 23 years old and I currently live in Orlando Florida. I've been playing these games since about CM2. This is my first attempt at a story and I've decided to format it slightly different, so if there is any criticisms or comments don't hesitate to mention them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

logo.gif

"SAINTS SACK PARDEW TO HIRE ROOKIE!"
In a sensational move club owner Markus Liebherr has sacked Alan Pardew after only a few weeks in charge and has installed rookie and life long Saints fan Todd Stockley as his replacements.

When questioned about his shocking decision Mr. Liebherr had this to say.....
Well I received a phone call from former chairmen Mr. Lowe and he said that I should hire someone cheaper cause that way the club can make more money, the football can sort itself out he said. I just couldn't reject the opportunity to earn some more dosh...

So there you have it, installed as Saints manager.....a dream come true to say the least. I didn't have any doubts in my mind when Markus picked up the phone and gave me a call offering me a one year deal that this is what I wanted. During contract talks he stated that I would around £1.5m in transfer money to spend and about £10k left on the current transfer budget. £1.5m was a lot of money to have in League one but I won't be spending it ***** nilly and will take careful consideration into who I purchase. I already had a a great team to start with as the likes of RICKIE LAMBERT, MORGAN SCHNEIDERLIN & KELVIN DAVIS would quite easily get into teams in the championship, let alone league one. My goals are slightly different from my chairmans, I just want to eliminate the 10 point deduction first then see how things go from there. I already have my eyes on a few players so I will see how things turn out on that front.

Coming Up Pre Season.....

good luck im doin a southampton story too, you can check it out if u want by clicking the link below my signature, i recommend these players for them
Hamed Namouchi Free
Dimitris Mavrogenidis Free
Jozsef Kanta 350k from MTK

good luck im doin a southampton story too, you can check it out if u want by clicking the link below my signature, i recommend these players for them
Hamed Namouchi Free
Dimitris Mavrogenidis Free
Jozsef Kanta 350k from MTK

what leauges did u load and what size database u using ? cos i cant find namouchi ?

you cant? i cant remember, i have a medium database i think with england ukraine france italy russia spain and scotland

Thanks everyone for the support, and I will take a look at the players that you recommend
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRE SEASON 2009

Transfer Update
I had loan bids for Nacer Barazite, Danny Rose and Ritchie De Leat all accepted but alas the players weren't interested in a move to the south coast. Determined not to be disheartened (as I invested a lot of time in trying to get these individuals) I dipped again into the market and took ex-walsall and swindon left winger Soufianne Zaaboub on trial. After two impressive performances I offered him a one year deal in the view that he would probably provide cover for Joseph Mills who departed to Preston on a £575k deal. But obviously a year deal wasn't what he was looking for as he quickly rejected the deal and signed for Leyton Oreint. I finally did get some success in the market by signed Dejan Stefanovic (Free) and Jay Emmual-Thomas (season loan). Dejan was a great coup as although he is getting on in age he has a wealth of experience and is still a good solid CB. Jay was brought in as a utility man who can play at the back and in midfield. But my biggest signing was that of RICARDO VAZ TE from Bolton for £1.1m. He was brought in to add some extra pace and quality to the wide positions and some added competition for the strikers.

Two additonal depertures of note was Midfielders Anthony Pulis (nominal fee to Wrexham) and Oscar Gobern (season loan to Bournemouth)

Injury Update
KELVIN DAVIS - broken hand in the game against Bournemouth and is out for about 2-3 weeks
KAYNE MCLAGGON - Long term injury and isn't expected back till November time

Other news
We signed an additional scout in Barry Whithead who's job will be to scout UK & Ireland for potential talent.

Tactics
I used a 4-2-3-1 formation with the focus of playing forward thinking attacking football. Most of the play will come from outwide but the AMC as a player who pop in in areas that the opposition can't fill.

Results and Players used
Key: Red- Started, Dark Blue- Used Sub, Number in Box- Goals Scored, Red Cross- Injured and unable to play

View attachment 15677

Please click to see enlarged version. (I am trying to find a better looking way to do this and It will get better over time)

Next up....August and the start of the season.

Last edited:
Good luck mate, nice format

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Btw mate, if that chart thing is taking a while to do, I wouldn't bother, it's kind of hard to see the names aswell, but if you can make it quicker and easier to see then definetly keep doing it :)

Good luck mate, nice format

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Btw mate, if that chart thing is taking a while to do, I wouldn't bother, it's kind of hard to see the names aswell, but if you can make it quicker and easier to see then definetly keep doing it :)

Thanks. and yeah I agree, I'm trying to find a better way of doing it. The way i set it up makes it easy for me to update but I'm working on creating a better quality image.

EDIT: I've readjusted the chart. See if thats a little better.

Last edited:
Good luck vaz te looks a good signing and he should cause problems with his pace

Good luck, let's hope you will help the Saints to progress.

Good luck with this and a great format as well.

AUGUST 2008

Transfer Update
As the transfer window closed there were more out goings then in comings at St. Marys this months with only one signing being completed. Jonathan Forte completed a £200k switch from Scunthorpe United. The winger has out and pace and is a constant threat to any opposition defense. His only weakness is him technical abitlity and final ball but its something we will be working with him on improving that.

Leaving us is Simon Gillett, who completed a £120k switch to Coventry City, he was deemed surplus to requirements. Also Lee Molyneux, Jamie White and Callum McNish who join Bournemouth on a season long loan for experience

Injury Update
Morgan Schneiderlin - Sustained a minor injury (strained neck) but will miss out on at least 10 days of full training
Papa Waigo - Sustained twisted ankle. Due back around mid-september

Results and Player's Used
KEY: RED= Start, DARK BLUE= Unused Sub, DARK BLUE with Star= Sub used, NUMBER IN BOX= Goals Scored in game, RED CROSS= Injured player unable to play, Click on the image to expand it.

View attachment 15708

League Table
View attachment 15710

August Review
As you can see 5 points from a possible 15 isn't good going. Espeically the defeats to Stockport and Huddesfield are very displeasing. We've played fairly well in every game we've played in, but our defending has been nothing short of abysmal. Also failures in the transfer market has be very downing and I hope to turn the fortunes around fairly quickly. I'm going to work on the tactic I created to try and give us that edge that we experienced during pre-season. I know were only a few minor changes away from going on a decent run and making September a good month....

Next up: Will Saints have a super september?........

i had a shocking start my friend, it will come eventually dont worry, rickie lambert must start no questions, i dont like saganowski i think hes a little ****, hes lazy and has a poor attitude, and did you sign the players gabonese recommended, he told me those and they were all immense

Bad news my friends, unfortunately my saved game has been corrupted to the point where it won't even load. So I'm afraid this saints season will have to come to an end. I will start another one up literally now. I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused

p.s. Should I start a new thread or continue using this one?. Preferably I would like to start a new topic to avoid confusion.