When The Sun Shines! - A Cowdenbeath Story

Forgan

Reaction score
COWDENBEATH

Lower Leagues to Champions League Success

View attachment 474948

Steven Forgan has been appointed the new manager of Cowdenbeath FC. Steven Forgan has said he cannot believe he has the opportunity to manage his boyhood heroes and wants to bring success to the club.

(currently in 4th season so will update the first 3 seasons before going in depth with the rest of the story)

2012/2013

2012-2013
Transfers
View attachment 474945

We had no money to spend and a very tight wage budget so loans and frees were the only way forward. Our team had the ability to stay in the division so we looked to add depth. Cuenca was the stand out for us in regards to players in.

Scottish Division 1
League Table
View attachment 474946

First season we were predicted to avoid relegation. We finished 8th which was respectable. I was pleased of they way we played in games and had a few good results along the way.

Scottish Cup
View attachment 474944

Poor performance in the Scottish Cup going out to Dumbarton in the 3rd round

League Cup

View attachment 474941

Again another poor performance in this cup. Our main focus was League form and cups were not my concern.

Challenge Cup

View attachment 474938

This is my first story so please any feedback would be welcome

This is my first story so please any feedback would be welcome

Good start pal, nice simple layout which is easy to read!

One thing I would say though is to double click your screenshots when updating them and set them to size 'medium' so we can read them without having to click on the picture. Looking forward to the next update.

Good start pal, nice simple layout which is easy to read!

One thing I would say though is to double click your screenshots when updating them and set them to size 'medium' so we can read them without having to click on the picture. Looking forward to the next update.

thanks mate. yeah just getting familiar with layouts and best ways to do my story but thanks for the feedback.

Season 2013/2014

Transfers

View attachment 474863

Again this season we had no money available and lost a few big names such as Joe Mbu, Lewis Coult and Jose Cuenca. We dipped into the free market again and brought in alot of youngsters with great potential. Sean Hume was a standout at only 17. Scott Mathieson and Ivan D'Angelo proved to be pivotal in this season.

Scottish Division 1 League Table

View attachment 474861

We started of pretty poor this season. This was due to alot of faces leaving and new ones being brought in and taking time to gel. I changed my tactic half way through the season. (will go into more detail when i catch up with the seasons) This helped our form and helped us achieve a respectable league position.

Scottish Cup

View attachment 474860

What can i say. Winning the Scottish Cup in my second season was an unbelievable feeling. I was expected to reach the 4th round but surpassed this. This win also meant i was playing European football next season which is very exciting!

League Cup

View attachment 474859

In contrast to my Scottish Cup win, our performance in the League Cup was poor. We were only predicted to reach the 3rd round so i was not to bothered about going out here.

Challenge Cup

View attachment 474854

Predicted to reach the final but we performed not so good in this competition.

Season 2014/15

Transfers

View attachment 474853

Similar to the previous seasons, no money and plenty of youth. We lost Marc Mckenzie who was inspirational in the Scottish Cup win. The players brought in were also to add more depth to the squad as our first team is pretty strong.

View attachment 474851

Finally we are champions and in the SPL. We were too good for this league and played the last few games with my under 19's. Onwards and upwards.

Scottish Cup (could we retain our title?)

View attachment 474849

No. Is the short answer. Celtic were just too strong and was a worry to me on how far away our squad was from competing in the SPL.

League Cup

View attachment 474848

Heartache in the final to win our second 3rd piece of silverware in 3 years. We came very close and our performances were excellent in this competition.

Challenge Cup

View attachment 474847

Finally we added that 3rd trophy in 3 years to the cabinet. We wanted to win this as we knew for the time being we will not be competing in this competition once we are in the SPL.

Cowdenbeath In Europe

View attachment 474846

Our European adventure came to an end in the 2nd qualifying round. We had no expectations as we wanted to enjoy our experience. I was annoyed that we did win 3-1 away from home then went out on away goals, however a good experience.

Season 2015/16

Currently in November so will bring you up to speed on our performances each month.

Season Preview

View attachment 474842

As you can see we are predicted to finish 12th which is understandable as we are the weakest team in the league and just been promoted. Was annoyed with my board as we installed undersoil heating in our stadium so therefore had to play at a rivals stadium until work was finished. This then caused us to be in debt and eventually into administration. Not a good start to the SPL adventure.

Transfers

View attachment 474837

Due to us being in administration we were unable to sign anyone and also had to get rid of our highest earner in John Armstrong who was our rock at the back. A couple of our other players also had offers but rejected contracts which i was pleased about.

Squad and Tactics

View attachment 474825

Not much well known players there but some very good young players that have good potential. Our tactic that i use is Spankys 4-3-3 tactic which is effective for lower league teams and helped us get where we are.

Key Players

Sean Hume

View attachment 474819

This lad has potential. still young and been in the first team from the first season. Hopefully we keep a hold of him but its not in my hands.

Liam Callaghan

View attachment 474815

Absolute beast of a midfielder. Scores goals and plenty of assists. Will be hard to keep him in january!

Lewis Milne

View attachment 474813

Probably the most high profile player from Cowdenbeath on FM13. He is an attacking midfielder who loves scoring and pops up with alot of assists.

July/August

League begins
League Cup 1st and 2nd rounds

View attachment 474802

Started badly but great comeback and great first win.

View attachment 474801

Nice comfortable win in the cup.

View attachment 474799

Tough first away game

View attachment 474798

Red card did not help. Should have had a point

View attachment 474797

Home form will be important. Good win!

View attachment 474796

Out of the cup in the 2nd round. Dissappointing.

View attachment 474795

First home defeat of the season.

I know it looks different each time but I'm just tweaking certain things as I go. Please give feedback as it would help immensely

View attachment 474544
November

Scottish Cup Draw

View attachment 474547

Hard away tie at Livingston. Should have the squad capable of winning

November Results

View attachment 474541

Over powered by a good Hearts team despite going 2-0 up

View attachment 474551

Good result. Impressive defensive performance

View attachment 474550

Score looks closer than it was. 2 cheap goals to concede.

View attachment 474545

Considering all the off field financial problems we are sitting 9th with a reasonable gap between us and St Mirren.

Key Player of the Month

Lewis Milne

View attachment 474542

Stand out performer with a couple of goals to his name. Finding it hard to keep him as not got enough wages to offer him when his contract runs out in the summer.

Job Offers

View attachment 474549View attachment 474548

Got offered two jobs in England. Kindly refused even though they were tempting. Got unfinished business to attend to.

Mate this is a great story, you need to carry it on!

Just read this, fantastic story so far mate, would like to see you qualify for Europe through a league finish after a few seasons and make Cowdenbeath a consistent SPL side! Keep going and I will follow!

Are you from Cowdenbeath? I'm a Pars fan myself. It's still great to see people taking on teams from Fife will definitely follow