god7father

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty general question but when do you start thinking about transferring or not re signing players who are 20 to 23 that you know have high PA but the attributes don’t seem that great. I guess what I am really asking is how long do you give a young player the chance to develop and prove himself. I have been playing for three seasons and I buy lots out of contract youth with high PA then loan them out, or try and give them some first team action. My league doesn’t have a reserve league.

After their attributes come to a complete standstill due to a severe lack of match experience. IF they were special young players, you should be giving them plenty of game time and playing them regularly in your first team. If you don't consider them worthy of a first-team spot by the time they're around 21, you can sell them. Because after that age, if their progress has stalled completely, they're not likely to get much better.

For me its when a player doesn't count as U21 anymore and I have to register him. By then he needs to be good enough to be a first or second choice player or its time to move on.

Agree with the above, 21 is the age to clear out anyone that isn't gonna cut it imo.