When to sell players and how to get top dollar?

Reaction score
So Im managing FC Barcelona for example, and now Fabregas turns 31 and I decide to sell him, but the problem is that noone wants to buy him, or at least they dont offer like 30m (his value is 23m), but instead they offered 13m. Of course, AI is smart like in real life, but still is there a way how to get little more for a player?

I could sell him when he was like 28 years old, but of course who would want that, then I would have to spend 50m+ to get good substituon for him. So its better to leave him in the club, but then when he gets old like 32, then he becomes useless and I cant do nothing with him but wait his contract to expire.

Any advice on how you deal with these kind of situations?

I have this same problem and most of the time I just have to settle for the low value. No club wants to spend 20+ million on players over 30, it's just a waste of money when they're going to start declining either right away or the season afterwards.

He's injury prone aswell and on huge wages, nothing you can do really

29 is the last chance you can get top £££ USUALLY

I've sold players past 29 for £40m but it's rare. I usually just sell them not long before they turn 30, It seems (to me atleast) that the AI doesn't take their birthday into account so if you sell them 1 day before their 30th birthday you will get alot more than you would selling them ON their 30th birthday

It may seem like a massive loss to sell him below his value but look at it this way, you got the best years of his career when he was playing for your club. It's just common sense that other clubs don't want to pay 23M for a player who is past his prime and will likely demand 150k+ wages p/w. In my view, it's a waste to sell world class players when they are at their peak because they are the ones that win you trophies, just cut your losses once they hit 30 and sell them at a knockdown price. Their skills and value are only going to drop at that point, and it will free up a lot of wage budget.