When will Wonderkids become consistent ?

Mulagar

Reaction score
My club is full of wonderkids that I've been collecting in the past 6 seasons. Been collecting hot prospects for years so I now have a squad size of 50 (not counting U-18). As a result the older players like Kagawa, James Rodriguez or Phil Jones at their prime age (26-28 years old) have to sit on the bench most of the time due to the pure talent these newfangled 18 years old regen bring to the table.

That said the kids are not alright, they are inconsistent, destroying Man City 7-1 one day only to lose to Stoke city four days later.

Which brings us to the title of the thread: at what age or after how many seasons of being a regular player will they be consistent ?

My club is full of wonderkids that I've been collecting in the past 6 seasons. Been collecting hot prospects for years so I now have a squad size of 50 (not counting U-18). As a result the older players like Kagawa, James Rodriguez or Phil Jones at their prime age (26-28 years old) have to sit on the bench most of the time due to the pure talent these newfangled 18 years old regen bring to the table.

That said the kids are not alright, they are inconsistent, destroying Man City 7-1 one day only to lose to Stoke city four days later.

Which brings us to the title of the thread: at what age or after how many seasons of being a regular player will they be consistent ?

I think consistency is a hidden stat, however your assistant report will tell you if it is a particular strength or weakness of a specific player.

Kids are inconsistent. I normally play a lot of youth so I know what you're talking about. It can be pretty **** frustrating, but I find they seem to play well against good teams, and play like **** against bad teams.

I normally swap in some more experience when my squad plays a team I should comfortably beat. Its a bit counter-intuitive but it seems like that's what I have to do. Plus if I play youth vs a good team it doesn't annoy me as much if they do some silly things.

I normally swap in some more experience when my squad plays a team I should comfortably beat. Its a bit counter-intuitive but it seems like that's what I have to do. Plus if I play youth vs a good team it doesn't annoy me as much if they do some silly things.

they need the wiser heads around them to help stop them from becoming complacent, if it's normally an experinced team and the youth are coming into it against the weaker teams then they are wanting to prove themselves worthy of being a first team regular so it works both ways.

they need the wiser heads around them to help stop them from becoming complacent, if it's normally an experinced team and the youth are coming into it against the weaker teams then they are wanting to prove themselves worthy of being a first team regular so it works both ways.
Yeah that's true. I do seem to get some "looks complacent" reaction sometimes with the younger first teamers during easy matches, bit harder to fire them up. I'm gonna do a lot more rotation in my coming season so hopefully they're hungrier when they get a game.

Love the depth in this game!