Whens the best time be offered a job?

Guymeister

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Well basically I am in my 3rd season with Leeds. Won League 1 comfortably, then won the Championship too. The board are being a*se's due to the ongoing rumours of a takeover. And apparently if this consortium do take over, then they will appoint Steve Bruce! Cheers, thanks a lot. I am only in October but to be honest I want to resign. The thing is, its going to be a while before other managers start feeling pressure, and there are job possibilities. Now, do I go on Holiday and hope I will get offered a job somewhere decent, or just carry on and keep an eye on situations closely. ie declaring interest?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Well if your performing well in sense of meeting requirements then you won't lose your job. Also a great possibility that a Man with more money than leeds can dream of will intervene and you could take them into the top 4.

I hate things like that when you've done a great thing for the cub got leeds back where they deserve to be then they offload you for someone else, i would of resigned straight away and found a club where the chairman and fans admire you but thats me so good luck. whats your reputation national?

happened with at charlton

Both times they kept me. Its just rumours - in my experience a takeover results in more money to spend.

Fact. Since Martin Bain took over Ive been getting close 20 million which wasn't conceivable under Murray in FM

I got 40million when Kevin Lemmon (!)

Bought Charlton, could have been Lennon/Lemon. Well it amused me anyway.

Funny things was with the extra cash I performed worse.

Both times they kept me. Its just rumours - in my experience a takeover results in more money to spend.

The only time that i've ever been taken over and the new owner didn't give me a penny but he did allow a ground expansion of 50% which was very good of him

Cheers Guys, appreciate your advice. My repuatation is World Class as I started as an ex-International Footballer. I have since saved that one and started a new one with Liverpool. Though I thought I had installed the club badges etc it doesn't seem to be working! You get 10m to play with so had to sell Alonso for 20m, and they let me have 3m of it!