Where are those "How to create your own Tactics" stickies ?

Mulagar

Reaction score
Could have swore we had one of those in the 2014 board.
I play FM sporadically i.e. play for a month or two then neglect it for half a year. During the hiatus I'd forget all about FM tactics, even the basics. Since FM has just been on Steam sale I figure there will be many people who have just started (again) with FM, just like me.

Would be nice if we can have one of those guides that teaches people how to create their own tactics.

Could have swore we had one of those in the 2014 board.
I play FM sporadically i.e. play for a month or two then neglect it for half a year. During the hiatus I'd forget all about FM tactics, even the basics. Since FM has just been on Steam sale I figure there will be many people who have just started (again) with FM, just like me.

Would be nice if we can have one of those guides that teaches people how to create their own tactics.

This is a good start: How to Play FM: A Twelve Step Guide and Pairs & Combinations FM2015 - UPDATED

All the stickies here are worth a read though: Tactics & Training Discussion

Might be worth asking the authors of those two in particular if it can be stickied here too.

The link provided is not Bible length.

Dunno what your problem is, three posts with nothing unlike a rant, or short snide comments

Is the SI forum down or is it just me?

The best way to teach yourself is to start a save at a wealthy club so that you can afford to buy a range of players with different styles and set them up in a standard 442 and watch series of matches in 3D..toggling and tweaking positions and roles until they are playing how you would like them to. You don't need guides just some free time to do some experiments of your own.

Edit. On a sidenote try develop your tactics with as few player and team instructions as you can and try not have conflicting orders.

Last edited:
The link provided is not Bible length.

Dunno what your problem is, three posts with nothing unlike a rant, or short snide comments

That's because it's MY opinion but I see just like SI what you don't like gets deleted.

No foul mouthed abuse just an opinion but because it puts SI in a bad light it's gone.

By the way when was the last time a sensible tactic was posted that didn't have to use a serious glitch in the game? So much for experts.

My remark is about the Tactic forum over there in general.

Oh and feel free to delete as I'm starting my own forum dedicated to criticizing the game without fear of banning or deletion.

You should leave comments alone and let people make up their own minds. I can take people disagreeing. I can also agree to disagree.

I can't delete people's comments.
I
P's I've never posted an exploit it any tactic unless specifically requested to do so. The problem here is unless a tactic includes exploits it will be unpopular as it will not be as immediately effective as one with exploits. This is one of the reasons I haven't uploaded any of the tactics I use.

I wish you all the success with your forum.