Reaction score
I have tried and tried to manage teams in BSN/BSS without success

I am currently managing (or trying to) manage Woking (1st season)

I am trying the formation of 4-1-2-2-1 (2 DCs, 2 WBs, 1 DMC, 2 MCs, 2 AMs, plus 1 STR.

Style of play being used is Fluid, Attacking, Short Passing, Default on Creative Freedom, Press More, Aggressive Tackling, Zonal Marking, Drill Crosses, and Default Roaming..

ANY IDEAS ??? Am so frustrated, with not being able to string any wins together HELLLLLLLPPPPPPP !!!!

two amcs? you are congesting the middle of pitch with two mcs and two amcs above them. try having your amcs specific mark the opponents sidebacks to create a little space. the amcs will act like wingers on counter attacks and cut inside aggressively to their amc positions

2ams, you mean wide men ? Wingers or Inside forwards ?
Fluid sounds a little too advanced for Woking, I manage Middlesbrough and always fail if I try fluid, balanced or rigid works for me. Try two strategies control and counter. Is your forward bad at heading (drill crosses), if he's good at heading (float). How deep is your def line, if it's deep - pressing more will just leave huge gaps in your side. I never have aggresive tackling, my players just get sent off.
Look at what your *** manager says are your best positions for you best players.
Your *** manager says that 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 are your best formations.
You have a top target man and a poacher so I'd go for 4-1-3-2 (I like to have a DMC)

12 match report

friendly Oxford City (a) Draw 2-2 4-4-2 Balance/Control
friendly Crawley (h) Won 3-1 4-1-3-2 Rigid/Counter
friendly Donacaster (a) Draw 1-1 4-4-2 Balance/Control
friendly Wealdstone (a) Lost 1-0 4-4-2 Rigid/Counter
BSS Eastleigh (h) Lost 3-0 4-4-2 Balance/Control
BSS Tonbridge (a) Won 1-0 4-4-2 Balance/Control
BSS Welling (h) Lost 2-0 4-4-2 Balance/Control
BSS Maidenhead (a) Draw 1-1 4-1-3-2 Rigid/Counter
BSS Truro (a) Draw 1-1 4-1-3-2 Rigid/Counter
BSS Eastbourne (h) Draw 0-0 4-4-2 Rigid/Counter
BSS Staines (a) Won 3-0 4-1-3-2 Rigid/Counter
BSS Dorchester (a) Lost 2-1 4-1-3-2 Rigid/Counter

A little erratic, but they seem to work better, with just the two formations.. had to adjust tackling from cautious to default, after a lot of yellows/some red cards..

Will revert back at mid-way point of season... cheers again for the help :)

Disaster after two players out with long term injuries, and lose next 8 games in a row... have just resigned to try again

I'm Woking on my save, found that 4-3-1-2 rigid/balanced attacking, works wonders. Make sure the player pos. are all set to what the assistent manager recommends, and keep giving the team individual talks when they start losing morale or have a bad run. Also, go for all of the free transfers, some absolutely cracking players for that level!