Status
Not open for further replies.

Poddybear

Reaction score
I played a game. Finished season with Blackpool was given 40million for tv rights etc etc for premier league but it didnt go anywhere. Didnt get added to budget or anything. Where does it go?

I played a game. Finished season with Blackpool was given 40million for tv rights etc etc for premier league but it didnt go anywhere. Didnt get added to budget or anything. Where does it go?

Into the teams bank. It will then be distributed according to the board with paying off debts as the 1st priority. How much of it you get is dependant on the board's generousity. EG: Mike Ashley will be less willing to give money than Roman Abrahmovic.

I didnt even see it in my balance or anything tho - so does that mean if i have good amount of money then loans etc get paid off quicker with that money?

cheers btw !

If the club has debt it will just get reduced or taken away completely, if your successful you'll start to notice year after year you'll be getting more and more money because the debts will have cleared, there is nothing to pay off so it can go purely on the team and facilities.. ask the board for a transfer/wage budget increase if you want it now and see what they say

I have no debts or whatsoever at Olympique Lyonnais, and yet none of the tv money gets added to my balance? My board does make more transfer money available now and then, though I don't need any more. What am I supposed to do with €200M? Lol.

I've noticed it doesn't seem to appear on the bank balance either however if i remember correctly it says throughout the season so maybe you only get some of it after each game rather than in a lump sum but i've never bothered to check so im not sure

Yeah, could be, I do have tv revenue money coming in every month. Find it odd though that that €40 mil at the beginning of the season doesn't appear on the bank balance instantly but appears to be spread out over every month or something.

the tv money is paid monthly, at the end of the season you will have received £40m.

Also, it should be noted that a football club is a business, so if you never see the money it's because it's lining the owner's pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.