SaintMotbot

Reaction score
View attachment 235690

Just where is England's footballing capital?

For a long time now, the biggest cities in the country have been vying for the position of who is the best. Manchester, Liverpool and London are the ones most spoken about, so I reckon its about time we found out! How this is going to work is that Myself, TheJoshster and Lewie100 will each select a club by random from one of these cities and play an online game to decide once and for all the best footballing city. The draw took place earlier today by assigning a number to each club without us knowing which was which, After the first team was picked, the remaining clubs in that teams cities were removed and so on so forth until we were left with the draw results, and this is what happened...

SaintMotbot - Manchester United
TheJoshster - Liverpool
Lewie100 - Chelsea

The game will be using LFCMarshalls latest update (12.08) and no altering will be done to the budgets, just pure, straight-forward football manager at its finest! As we are running on limited time we decided to only use the three biggest cities to run a short game. In the future and on the 2016 edition an argument could be made for including cities like Nottingham and Sheffield and this may well happen, just not right away.

If you are interested in following how this goes, keep up to date here on the thread and we will try and get as many updates out as possible! Thanks! ^^)

Last edited:
View attachment 928349

Van Gaal sacked as United boss! New face announced!
View attachment 235686

Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal has today been sacked by Manchester United. Van Gaal's brief tenure as manager has been riddled with controversy and it would appear that the sale of key player Angel Di Maria was the last straw for the Manchester United board. A brief statement from the club wished Van Gaal well in the future but refused to make any further comment. Speculation is rife that Van Gaal lost the support of the players, while the fans have been less than impressed with his transfer dealings.

Manchester United took the opportunity of the press being gathered to announced the appointment of new manager Thomas Lloyd on an initial one year deal. Former head of the youth academy, Lloyd is hoping to bring a fresh optimism to the locker room. "I am delighted to be given a chance to shine here at Manchester, this is a truly massive club, one of the biggest in the world and it deserves to be right up at the top of the table. I will do everything in my power to make that happen once more".

View attachment 928366

View attachment 928374
Fire sale at Manchester United

View attachment 235685
New Manchester United manager Thomas Lloyd has wasted absolutely no time in getting his feet under the desk, with no fewer than five players leaving in the opening week. Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Johnny Evans, Javier Hernandez and Ashley Young have all been shown the exit from Old Trafford as Lloyd looks to freshen up his squad. Johnny Evans joins Everton in a £10 million deal, Javier Hernandez has finalised a move to Napoli for £18 million, Ashley Young has been allowed to move across London to Arsenal for a reported £12.7 million while both Chris Smalling and Phil Jones have joined London rival Chelsea. Sky Sources understand that both players were used as bargaining chips to capture the signing of Chelsea centre back Gary Cahill. Cahill, who has not been officially announced by Manchester United yet is said to have been keen for a new challenge and the deal to Manchester United could prove to be just that. Manchester United fans are reportedly unhappy with the deal which see's the two young England centre backs move across London to rivals Chelsea in a deal which saw Gary Cahill and a cash sum being offered for the two players. The departure of three of Chelsea's long standing centre backs will surely see a new look defence being constructed at Old Trafford.

View attachment 235684

View attachment 928384
View attachment 235678
Natalie Sawyer - "Breaking news, this just in from Manchester United's Carrington training ground, Manchester united have secured the double signature of Mats Hummels from Borussia Dortmund, and Mario Balotelli from Liverpool. Hummels, 25, has joined the club for a fee reported to be in the region of £26 million and is said to be delighted at the chance to move to such a prestigious club.

By far the more controversial transfer is that of Mario Balotelli from bitter rivals Liverpool for a fee of £14 million. Balotelli is said to have felt alienated and bullied at Liverpool and claims he was made to be a scapegoat for the failings of manager Brendan Rodgers. The Italian striker, who of course was on the books for United's Manchester neighbours, City, has said he is glad to be leaving Liverpool and cannot wait to start earning back his reputation at United.

Both of these players will join new recruit Gary Cahill in training on Monday and it would seem that Hummels and Cahill have been chosen to form the new central defensive partnership in the Manchester United side. Fans of United have mixed reactions on the signings. "Mario for me is a dodgy signing, you never know what he's going to do next, more trouble than he's worth if you ask me." Said one fan, while another praised United transfers so far. "To have gotten rid of dead wood like Jones and Smalling, and to have brought in class players like Hummels and Cahill.. Its brilliant! fantastic business from the new guy!"

So how might Manchester United's new look defence line up this season. Luke Shaw is a young player held in very high regard at Old Trafford and is more than likely to be trusted with the left back position. Louis Van Gaal's signing, Italian international defender Matteo Darmian is likely to be played on the right, while Hummels and Cahill are odds on to partner in the centre of defence.

View attachment 235668

View attachment 235658

View attachment 235656

Manchester United are delighted to announce the double signing of Mats Hummels and Mario Balotelli. Hummels arrives from Borrussia Dortmund while Balotelli has spent the last year with Liverpool. Both new players have penned four year contracts with the club and are said to b keep to meet up with their new squad mates.

First team manager Thomas Lloyd took the time to speak to us earlier about his new signings. "Mats is one of the finest central defenders in world football. He is here to prove just that point and he is going to be a magnificent capture for the club, Him and Gary Cahill have been thoroughly scouted and assessed and we took the decision to bring them both to the club to form a defensive partnership."

When asked about Balotelli, Lloyd wasn't quite so open. "Mario is a fantastic player, we all know that. At his best he is a world beater and we are extremely confident that we can get the best out of him here at the club."

German International Hummels, capped 39 times by his country had this to say "I am very grateful to everybody at Manchester United for making this happen, there were other interested parties but as soon as United made the offer I knew this was where I wanted to be. The club have fantastic ambition and having sat and talked with the manager I made the decision to become a part of that future, and hopefully its proud history."

Balotelli has had a somewhat roller-coaster career in football to date but spoke about a fresh start here in Manchester. "Liverpool were not good to me, I am pleased to be leaving but I have been in Manchester before, it is a good place with good people. If I can make a new beginning for myself here at a club like Manchester United then I will be very happy. My aim is to score lots of goals and prove people wrong about me."

Last edited:
View attachment 235634

Brendan Rodgers leaves his position as Liverpool manager

View attachment 235633

After a very poor season, Brendan Rodgers has left the club by mutual consent. After losing the support of the fans, Liverpool have announced after lengthy discussions they felt that Brendan Rodgers position had become untenable. Ian Ayre Managing Director had this to say 'We like to thank Brendan, for all his effort over the last few years. However we felt this season in terms of results were unacceptable and given the fans vocal opinions we felt we needed a change in direction".

Last edited:
View attachment 235632

After a thorough search Ian Ayre Managing Director of Liverpool is delighted to announce that Josh Steer has been announced as Liverpool Manager on a one year deal. "Josh really impressed us in his interview regarding his plans and vision for the direction of the club I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do!".

We got spoke to the new man himself on his announcement "Obviously I'm delighted to be offered this position not only as a massive club but my boyhood club I want to make Liverpool the best team in the world again and I can only do that with the fans support, So I would ask them to give us a little bit of time to get things sorted and I'm confident that we can break into the top 4 this season".

Last edited:
View attachment 235631

Aaron Cresswell: Liverpool sign West Ham defender

Liverpool have signed West Ham defender Aaron Cresswell on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
BBC Radio Suffolk reports that the fee for the 24-year-old will be in excess of £7m.
West Brom and Fulham had also shown an interest in the left-back.
Cresswell, who played 39 Premiership games last season, said he was delighted to join such a prestigious club
He has become a mainstay of the Ipswich side since joining from Tranmere in July 2011, failing to start just eight games and being an ever-present in the 2012-13 campaign.
Cresswell completed a medical at Liverpool on Thursday.

Liverpool have been quick with their summer transfer business so far we take a look at their most recent activity under Josh Steer's tenure as manager.

Mario Balotelli leaves Liverpool to Join Manchester United in a 14m deal this deal has shocked the footballing world. Not only has the long tradition of the veto of players transferring between Liverpool and Manchester united but Mario Balotelli of all people!

Controversial to say the least Liverpool is another failed experiment for Balotelli and how he pulled off a deal to end up at Manchester United the world will never know. Incredibly this means that Mario has represented Manchester City, Liverpool and now Manchester united so we imagine its going to be very hard for him living in Manchester!

We got Liverpool Manger Josh Steer thoughts on the matter. "Mario wasn't part of my plans and im delighted we managed to recuperate the majority of what Liverpool paid for him (paid 16m sold 14m). I'm not Brendan so the last thing I want to talk about is his character! But none of the lads were exactly disappointed to see him go, I'm really happy with this deal". It remains to be seen whether this transfer will be a shrewd signing for Manchester united however we at 14m and 120k a week we sincerely doubt it.

View attachment 235630

We Can also confirm that Fabio Borini has left the club to Aston Villa rumoured to be around £8.5m, with Jose Enrique also leaving in £3.5m deal that could rise to £4.4m. Youngsters Illori, Teixeria and Yesil have all been sent out on loan also to gain some 1st team footballing experience.

When asked about any more potential signings Josh Steer responded "It's always something were trying to do improve the team, only time will tell if we are able to do so with the right player at the right price". Fans were over the moon of the departures of Balotelli, Borini and Enrique especially for such high transfer fees we spoke to one ecstatic Liverpool fan.

"He must have drugged the other chairman how else did he manage to convince Newcastle to pay 4 ****** million for Enrique and Balotelli I'm disappointed it didn't work out im delighted that we manage to get our money back and ship him out its united problem now were laughing all the way to the bank!"

Breaking News

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has had his contract TERMINATED after a pre-season incident involving some staff members.

It looks like Mourinho has now left Chelsea, and we are all left wondering what incident it was that made Mourinho leave.

In his 2 seasons since rejoining Chelsea, they finished a disappointing 3rd in 2013/14, having expected top 2, though Liverpool finishing 2nd was a surprise to all of us. In 2014/15, they got the title back by a dominant amount.

The favourite for the Chelsea role is Lewie Roberts, a young Englishman who has decided to jump straight into management, having been an international at 16, and having got ALL his badges, to the surprise to everyone. Time will tell whether this newcomer will get the Chelsea job or not.

View attachment 235294
Transfer window round-up

Transfers in

Gary Cahill - Exchange
Mario Balotelli - £14 million
Mats Hummels - £24 million
Lorenzo Insigne - £8 million
Jack Butland - £3.7 million
Nicolas Gaitan - £14.5 million
Lucas Romero - £12 million
Marko Arnautovic - £10 million
Craig Dawson - £3.8 million

Net spend - £91 million

Transfer out

Jonny Evans - £10 million - Everton
Ashley Young - £12.5 million - Arsenal
Chris Smalling - £5.75 million - Chelsea
Phil Jones - Exchange - Chelsea
Javier Hernandez - £17.25 million - Napoli
Michael Carrick - £1.75 million - Porto
Sergio Romero - Released
Victor Valdes - Loan - Liverpool
Paddy McNair - Loan - Crystal Palace
Nick Powell - Loan - Bournemouth
Andreas Pereira - Loan - Stade Malherbe Caen

Net income - £47.9 million

View attachment 235284

View attachment 235285
So Everything started out really well for us! Then things just started to tail off a little bit. The good news is that we are still unbeaten in the league, the bad news is we drew three of them and dropping points to Sunderland and West Ham is just not good enough. We also went out of the Capital One Cup at the first opportunity, losing late on to Arsenal.

View attachment 235282
There is how the Premier League table looks 6 games into the season. What a start for Chelsea! flying clear at the top, scoring 25 goals! and only conceding 1!!! 6th place is definitely a disappointing start to the year but we are just six points off the lead, its still very early and there have been promising signs! new boy Mario Balotelli has been banging in the goals, as has Wayne Rooney which shows we have good competition for the starting striker spot.

View attachment 235281
Balotelli's stat line (above) pretty much says it all! he has been a sensation with 7 goals and 4 assists in just 8 starts and 1 sub appearance. And to think we were laughed at by poaching him from Liverpool! £14 million for a decent Premier League striker is rather cheap in my opinion.

View attachment 235262

An interesting start for us! wins at bournemouth, swansea, aston villa and sunderland lead to us to a 4th place in the league :)

The magician Countiho saved us a point against Man united scoring a screamer in the 92 minute xD

On the negative side of things we got absolutely destroyed by tottenham 6-0 I'm still at a lost how that happened! we let the youngsters lead the charge agaisn't Vorskia and Cardiff also leading to poor results however getting knocked out of the carling cup should help us in the long run for this season :)

and our transfer business of the year. I sell allen to arsenal for 10m while after Romero is released by united I decide also to grab a former united keeper bringing him in on a one year contract on low wages mainly because valdes cant play against united!

We make over 35m in the transfer window only bringing in cresswell, remy and valdes on loan and sergio romero on a free

Ironically Romero was terrible against united his clearance hit rooney in the face conceding a goal!

View attachment 235261

Last edited:
View attachment 929326

Manager Appointment, Pre Season, Champions League, Transfers and MORE!

We can announce that in July, Lewie Roberts was appointed as the new boss of Chelsea Football Club in July, and we hope that he will lead us to glory at the end of the season.

Pre Season, we managed to go unbeaten, with 1 win and 2 draws. We hoped that it would go better, but it's wasn't a concern.

In the UEFA Champions League, we faced Sevilla, PSV and a glitched team, Albpetrol (Albania).

These were our transfers:

View attachment 234938

We also sold Marin for £8.75m.

These are our results so far, and you are about to witness extreme performances:

View attachment 234934
View attachment 234933

Madness. Not 1 loss, even vs the other new managers at Man Utd and Liverpool!

Eden Hazard wins Ballon D'Or, to the surprise of everyone here at Chelsea!

View attachment 234925

League + Stats

View attachment 234924

View attachment 234922

We come to the end of 2014, And we've had a decent start to the season.

We’re in 3rd​ place just behind our SaintMotBot’s United a good position to be in champions league is a must for us to build. The league looks like it’s gone Lewie’s results have been more than impressive high wins and high scores and despite our valiant efforts we fell to a 5-4 loss in the final game of the season. We pushed hard taking the lead early on and scoring some great goals in the process. However Chelsea were a bit more clinical and deserved the victory.
After a poor start in europa league, we kick on and finish top a possible chance at a trophy for us, being knocked out of the carling cup early on gives us a better chance to focus are efforts on the europa without causing fatigue for the league. The Fa cup might be a distraction however a good chance to bleed in some more youngsters especially given as this is one of my philosophies to achieve.

View attachment 234918

In terms of player performances as expected Coutinho and Henderson are leading the charge becoming key players in my 4-2-3-1 system. Gomez the talented youngster from charlton good performances has meant that Kolo toure just isnt need even in his back up role he moves on a free to stoke in 1st​ january.

Lallana has also been a key player for me and after a rocky start Firmino and Remy (brought in loan) are becoming 1st​ team starters too. Oh and Benteke cant fit the style? Weirdly he couldn't Beneteke primarily is a target man which wasn’t what I wanted, I wanted an advanced forward however Benteke doesn't fit that style as well so Is tarted playing him as a poacher which he can play well. He was poor and plans were already afoot to sell in january however then I tried playing him as advanced forward… and the results were impressive 11 games 10 goals now J injury has kept him from more appearances.
On the negative side Ings has been porr in the few appearances hes made however he has also struggled with injuries while milner cant break into my starting line up with henderson and can dominating expect a summer sale (or maybe even jan) given his wages.

View attachment 234917

Thought this was worth a mention ;)

Oh yea …. Balotelli is kicking *** for united just ask saintmotbot but he’s still a total douche

Last edited:
View attachment 234696

End of season 1! (yea we played it a lot yesterday xD) and what a season it was Lewie had an unbeaten season for chelsea winning the title with a staggering 110 points! Just insane and he also won the fa cup it was just so easy for him :p

Man utd aka SaintMotBot had a solid season finishing second in the league and getting to the semi finals of the champions league

Finally me! We slumped to a 4th place position right on the last day to arsenal level on points :S meaning our 123 was incomplete HOWEVER... after some great performances and with SaintMotBot and Lewie cheering me on ... (at 2am xD) we managed to win the europa league!

Player performances Coutinho and Henderson were awesome as you expect, Milner couldnt break into the team without injuries so he's off as is Ings and probably a few others

cheers all

I am now very happy not to have Lewie in my group in the World Cup!