tommyd150

Reaction score
I'm Norwich City in the 1st season, I'm struggling to decide where i need to improve. I have £15M and £100K in wages left.

Personally i think i need a Left Back, Centre Back and another winger, opinions? Any suggestions would be grateful cheers.

View attachment 234009 View attachment 234008

My DOF has agreed fees for some players...

Sergi Roberto- Loan- £95K Monthly fee and 70% of wages. (Has signed)

Leonel Vangloni- £2.9M, £1.3 Upfront and £1.6 over 30 months.

Eder Balanta- £7.75M, £4M upfront with £2.4M over 18month, £500K after BPL game and 15% of future sale, Is he good at LB? If so he could be worth signing.

My DOF has agreed fees for some players...

Sergi Roberto- Loan- £95K Monthly fee and 70% of wages. (Has signed)

Leonel Vangloni- £2.9M, £1.3 Upfront and £1.6 over 30 months.

Eder Balanta- £7.75M, £4M upfront with £2.4M over 18month, £500K after BPL game and 15% of future sale, Is he good at LB? If so he could be worth signing.

no point in buying balanta if youre gonna play him as a lb, hes arguably the best cb in the game as you probs already know.
try to get grimaldo on loan from barca b, and if he performs for you then pick him up for 9 mil, a bargain!

Grimaldo is brilliant, will need a couple season's out on loan at a club with good facilities and that can give him first team minutes. Agree about Balanta, though he was brilliant for me at LB in 14 and I don't see why he couldn't do a job there in 15, it is still a bit of a waste, as dc321 said, he becomes one of the best CB's in the game and would already be a major improvement on what you have. Another player who may come a bit cheaper at LB is Gaya, he develops into a beast and is well rounded.

Alex Grimaldo has been loaned out to Deportivo, I've signed Balanta (1st time ever) i am going to use him as a CB but i just wanted to know if he could fill in at LB when needed.

My transfers so far.. View attachment 233898

Absolutely he can. You should try and get Gaya on loan, or free up some funds to sign him. He comes cheap, with a 13.5M release clause.

Here is how he can develop under player control in my current save

View attachment 233892

Im happy with my squad at the minute, After 9 games im in 9th position. Hooper is 2nd highest scorer in league with 8 and Redmond is 2nd in league assists with 4.

Balanta can absolutely play LB.. the limited full back role on defense duty.
and train him for the LB role, and you should be fine..
he's a beast at CB as others have also pointed, but as a defending LB, he's very very good and effective.
in case you need a more attacking wing back later, look at Ylli Sallahi, Para, Criscito, Kurzawa, Alex Telles...

Agustin Allione, Hirving Lozano, Bilal Ould Chikh, Rodrigo Gomez(Argentinian right winger) for wing options..

Samir, Lisandro Lopez, Rolando, Ezequiel Munoz, Rever, Kostas Manolas, Yanga Mbiwa, Michel Camporese, Fabian Schar for CB options..

Im happy with the squad at this moment in time, Im giving game time to a few youth players aswell and they are developing very well.