stevesteve

Reaction score
I don't have a very good high profile example of this, but what got me curious was Omar Daley at Motherwell. I tried my hardest to flog him due to his poor rating and hefty wage so I could redistribute the cash before the season began. No such luck. Not an ounce of interest. However, following a bunch of injury problems the guy has played his socks off. A 2 star rating but 10 assists in 18 games including sub appearances, scored 3 with a rating of 7.17.

Not setting the world alight but pretty chuffed I failed in selling him now. So does anybody have and good examples or suggestions of players who are rated pretty badly but put in some good performances?

When I was Wigan manager bought Thomas Rouge(Spelling could be wrong) from Celtic over the 3 seasons i was there. Hes seasons rating was 7.5+ then 7.5+ again then 8+ the last season with a 2 star rating. Ended up my captian and he was a beast

Tachtididis had a rating of 3 for me, flogged him for 17 mil to city where he averages 8.2 over the first 17 games...

My replacement at 4 1/2 averages 7.2

I don't have a very good high profile example of this, but what got me curious was Omar Daley at Motherwell. I tried my hardest to flog him due to his poor rating and hefty wage so I could redistribute the cash before the season began. No such luck. Not an ounce of interest. However, following a bunch of injury problems the guy has played his socks off. A 2 star rating but 10 assists in 18 games including sub appearances, scored 3 with a rating of 7.17.

Not setting the world alight but pretty chuffed I failed in selling him now. So does anybody have and good examples or suggestions of players who are rated pretty badly but put in some good performances?

I don't think you can just shortlist underrated players.

Any player has the potential to play very well despite having a low star rating. It depends on your formation, his position, his teammates, the team morale, the team cohesion, his experience level, and finally his stats (including hidden attributes).

Don't sell a player if you don't need to until you know that he does not perform.

Star rating isn't an indication of how good the player is, it's just how good overall they are/can be.
You can get a 2 star player with the perfect stats for a position that will outperform a 3 star player with much better overall stats but spread out across the board.

Obviously one you get to higher star players those two or stats they're low on will be outdone by the countless others that are higher. Generally though a difference of a star isn't that huge a deal for certain positions.

Yeah, I'm finding this out now, it has opened my mind up to looking in more detail towards the stats, rather than the star rating. Generally I didn't give a serious consideration to anyone below 3 stars and I was pretty gutted to find out that McFadden only has 3 stars on his return to Motherwell (I'd say they have also been incredibly tight and negative regarding stats as well though). I have a lot of learning to do with stats but pleased I have broadened my mind now.

A stand out, high profile example that has since sprung to mind was Jack Rodwell receiving a 2/2.5 star potential rating from my Man Utd scouts on a previous save. surprising! I would have sold him or used him as back up from that info

In last years game i got Gaitan for Man City from Benfica, he had 2 star rating and i bought him as back up because he was only £4million, anyway he got into the team and set up 26 assists and 12 goals from january to may and practically won me the champions league single handily scoring twice