Where There’s A Will, There’s a Norway – Let’s Get This Start-ed

An opening day statement from us as we go away Molde and beat them! An excellent start to the campaign for Kent Eriksen who bagged an opening day hat trick!

molde.jpg

This result is significant so early in the season because last year we dropped way too many points against struggling sides that were at the bottom end of the table. Jerv are predicted to finish bottom this season, but instead of struggle to get a result, we absolutely battered them! A sign of improvement on last season or just a lucky start?

jerv.jpg

Our strong start to the season continued as we go to Odds and win. We were good value for it as well as we were well on top for majority of the game.

odds.jpg

It’s a Manager of the Month award for me to kick off the season.

manager of month.jpg

A couple of departures on transfer deadline day for small fees. I simply felt they were surplus to requirements as we have better players at the club now.

bringaker.jpg

vik.jpg

Incredible stuff as we continue our impressive start to the season with a win over Rosenborg! In our opening 4 games now, we have beaten three of the biggest teams in the country! Everyone is on red alert that IK Start are a force to be reckoned with this year!

rosenborg.jpg

Combined with the back end of last season, we are now unbeaten in 16 competitive games and 1 more game without defeat will set a new record of 17. The way we are playing at the moment, we feel unbeatable right?!

unbeaten record.jpg

lillestrom.jpg

F*** It!

Still, five games in and after 4 wins we’re 2nd in the early stages of the campaign and considering the teams we’ve played, it’s an amazing start!

league.jpg

Oh and we progressed in the first round of the cup, but I would have expected nothing less against opposition from at least 2 leagues down.

elverum.jpg

Couple of things that are worth mentioning from the cup game though. Khaled Amer became the youngest player to ever play for the club at 15 years and 152 days old. Whilst striker Kristian Lien also made his debut (aged 20) and scored on his first outing for the club.

amer.jpg

lien.jpg

AAARRRGGGHHHH! I'm so annoyed....went to load up my game this morning and got this.... Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Normally when I load up, it says to load last game and it would have my save file showing. However, it doesn't show me a 'last save' and also all the changing room in the background would be the shirts and names of IK Start, but it seems to have reverted back to the default. I try to select the game file and it comes up with this.....has my file become corrupted and is there any way to recover it?

no load.jpg

AAARRRGGGHHHH! I'm so annoyed....went to load up my game this morning and got this.... Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Normally when I load up, it says to load last game and it would have my save file showing. However, it doesn't show me a 'last save' and also all the changing room in the background would be the shirts and names of IK Start, but it seems to have reverted back to the default. I try to select the game file and it comes up with this.....has my file become corrupted and is there any way to recover it?

View attachment 531876
Have you not got s rolling save or anything? Another option would be to click the actual file on windows and then restore to previous version but would involve replaying games as well

Have you not got s rolling save or anything? Another option would be to click the actual file on windows and then restore to previous version but would involve replaying games as well

No rolling save unfortunately! Can you do a windows restore on one file? I've got loads of work on this laptop that was done in the last couple of days that I wouldn't want to lose. I'm not massively technical when it comes to the 'ins and outs' of a computer system

No rolling save unfortunately! Can you do a windows restore on one file? I've got loads of work on this laptop that was done in the last couple of days that I wouldn't want to lose. I'm not massively technical when it comes to the 'ins and outs' of a computer system
Yeah find where your saved game is kept and then right click on it and then can see if there are previous versions of only thst file and hopefully it won't take you too far back

Ahblooks like your un trouble. Maybe something on the SI forums

4th against 3rd in our next game…

View attachment 531455

Or should I say 3rd against 4th as Bodo switch places with us in the league after narrowly beating us at their place.

As we went into our next match against Sarpsborg, every one of my defenders was suspended!!

View attachment 531456

So scraping a draw was probably a decent result!

View attachment 531457

Transfer deadline day was a busy one for me, mainly with negotiating outgoing transfers. I always knew the hardest part about this save was going to be holding on to my best players, so the key is always going to be ensuring we maximise every sale to get in as much cash as possible.

We had an instance of this as I lost one of my most promising players, centre back Jesper Daland, who just couldn’t resist a move to Gladbach when they came calling. I managed to cash in on the deal though, getting £1 million up front, with £1.2 million to follow over the next 3 years in 3 instalments of £400k. We will also be paid £300k when he makes 10 league appearances, as well as bag 40% of any profit they make on a future transfer.

View attachment 531458

It was a record sale for the club.

View attachment 531459

And it won’t effect us this season anyway as I immediately brought him back to the club on loan for the rest of the year.

View attachment 531460

Another one of my best defenders also left the club in a deal I couldn’t turn down. I signed Simen Alexander Santos Lyngbo on a free transfer, so when I was able to get £1.8 million for him less than 2 seasons later, it was a no brainer to allow it. We get £1 million up front, £750k in instalments over 2 years, and £100k after 50 league appearance from Granada. We also get 30% of any profit made on his next transfer.

View attachment 531461

Next to leave was left back, Kristoffer Tonnessen, who joins Rosenborg. He wasn’t my first choice for that position and I have 3 left backs in the first team, so was happy to let him leave. We cash in £160,000 for him + 25% of his next transfer fee as well.

View attachment 531462

Incoming Transfer

Just the one! Obviously, I had to try to replace the right back and with the target being solely on Norwegian players, it didn’t leave me much to go at. Leo Cornic is young though and could still develop into a good player so I took a punt on him for £75,000 from Haugesund.

View attachment 531463

I know what you're thinking. He's gone and broke his own rule and signed a non Norwegian player. But fear not, he was born in France but has dual nationality. No rules broken here!

View attachment 531464

I did try to negotiate some other deals but personal terms or transfer fees couldn’t be agreed. The one I really wanted to get over the line, but couldn’t was the signing of Olav Oby. The fee finally got agreed, but we ran out of time in the window to get the deal sorted before it shut.

View attachment 531465

Two bore draws against two struggling sides in the league didn’t exactly fill me with confidence with a cup semi final around the corner.

View attachment 531466

Our recent dip in form has seen us drop to 5th in the table with 8 games remaining, although winning our game in hand would see us get back into the European qualification spots.

View attachment 531467

Our cup semi final game had everything…late drama, extra time, sending offs and a penalty shootout.

View attachment 531468

Unfortunately, a shootout that we didn’t come out on top of. A brave effort from my lads though as we twice fought back from a goal down to take one of the best teams in the country all the way.

Enjoy reading about your game! Glad to see that I was able to make an impact in your team before you made some profit out of me!
Regards, Simen Santos Lyngbø :)

Enjoy reading about your game! Glad to see that I was able to make an impact in your team before you made some profit out of me!
Regards, Simen Santos Lyngbø :)

This right here is ridiculously cool!!! Thanks for your comment Simen....I might just have to try to sign you on every single save I have from here on out!

View attachment 531876
So I have been having issues with this on my long term save and I really have not found an exact fix. I have rolling saves so eventually one loads, but one day none of them loaded up. I then decided to close the game, close steam, and restart my laptop and came back into the game... then it would load up. I don't know of an exact fix, but maybe try that if you have not.

I almost lost my 9+ season save with Wrexham to this so I feel you and I hope you can get it to work! Loved the read!

So I have been having issues with this on my long term save and I really have not found an exact fix. I have rolling saves so eventually one loads, but one day none of them loaded up. I then decided to close the game, close steam, and restart my laptop and came back into the game... then it would load up. I don't know of an exact fix, but maybe try that if you have not.

I almost lost my 9+ season save with Wrexham to this so I feel you and I hope you can get it to work! Loved the read!

I've kicked off a new save with Farsley Celtic now mate..... https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/celtic-but-not-as-you-know-‘em.166955/