Where to Find the FM12 Data Editor and Resource Archiver!

TGW

Reaction score
Right, there are loads of people over here worried and looking for the well-hidden data editor this year. You have to work it out this year, it's not in the normal place, rendering Sean's thread useless (sorry Sean :wub:)

Where to find the Data Editor:

You need to download it separately through Steam. It can be found in the Tools section within Steam. To get to it do the following;

Open Steam -> Library -> All Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2012 Editor. And then Install”.

The initial run may require to install direct X files.

If you for any reason wish to view the files connected with the editor, they are here -

Windows

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2012\tools\editor

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2012\tools\editor

OSX

/Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/tools/Editor.app.

Where to find the Resource Archiver:

You need to download it separately through Steam. It can be found in the Tools section within Steam. To get to it do the following;

Open Steam -> Library -> All Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2012 Resource Archiver. And then Install”.

The initial run may require to install direct X files.

Hopefully this should solve everyone's problems :D

TheGraiseleyWolf!

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2012\tools\edit
Downloading the editor, it saves into the common folder only

Hey I don't know if this is the right topic, but I edited some stuff in the editor (cup names, cup colours, ..) and then I saved the file right. But when I start a new game, I can't find the editor file when I'm starting up u know, I can't select it nowhere, it says it didn't find any editor files.. what do I have to do? where do I have to put it? I'm on a macbook, and the file created by the editor is an xml.file..

thanks a lot

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Hey I don't know if this is the right topic, but I edited some stuff in the editor (cup names, cup colours, ..) and then I saved the file right. But when I start a new game, I can't find the editor file when I'm starting up u know, I can't select it nowhere, it says it didn't find any editor files.. what do I have to do? where do I have to put it? I'm on a macbook, and the file created by the editor is an xml.file..

thanks a lot

FIXED!!

hi.. i m trying to use editor and keep failing to load it.. couldnt find data folder.................. pls help how can i fixed it?

My editor wont load keeps saying something about not beein able to find a font? anyone have any ideas on how to make it work?

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with this. I have found the download with no problem what so ever, however when I try and download this it does nothing.It says converting existing game installation. This may take several minutes.
But it stays on the screen and does nothing at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a different way to download this programme.

Please help!!!!

Cheers

what does the resource archiver do??? do i definatly need it??

ive got windows 7 and i get as far as the football manager 2012 bit but theres no tools folder???? ive tried both methods and none work? help????

ive got windows 7 and i get as far as the football manager 2012 bit but theres no tools folder???? ive tried both methods and none work? help????

Open Steam -> Library -> All Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2012 Editor. And then Install.

i couldn't find the football manager editor in the steam any solution

Is there a way to apply updates from the editor without staring a new game??
Thanks

Same here,FM12 Editor is not in the tools section.