Is Robbie Keane one of the best strikers ever?

Where would you rate Robbie Keane as a striker

• Total voters
Like the rest said, not exactly world class, but has put in some excellent performances, with an excellent goal scoring record. Put him in a team with good crossers and passers, and I think he'll still stick them in the onion bag.

No,hes the most over rated player for Ireland. The majority of his 51 goals have come against teams outside the world top 50 ranking teams and mostly at home. I dont rate him highly as he doesnt have great technique or class. He is also very vain( anybody seen him on the late late show?). Simple to say he isnt near top 30 ever(not even top 30 current forwards)...

And YES im Irish :) He is not that great, a few guys in my local team are more talented than him

No,hes the most over rated player for Ireland. The majority of his 51 goals have come against teams outside the world top 50 ranking teams and mostly at home. I dont rate him highly as he doesnt have great technique or class. He is also very vain( anybody seen him on the late late show?). Simple to say he isnt near top 30 ever(not even top 30 current forwards)...

And YES im Irish :) He is not that great, a few guys in my local team are more talented than him

Only 11 of his goals have come against minnows. Keane is one of the smartist strikers in the world, always anticipating where to be and whats going to happen. Due to that he doesnt need overwhelming technical ability, but if you watch the video Lee posted you will see that Keane is a brilliant finisher. I dont care what he is like as a person but if he was as much of a ***** as you say he is then I doubt he would have captained spurs and Ireland on so many occasions.

You should send a letter to Trap about those guys in your local team, I would love to have another couple of players capable of scoring half a century of International goals for Ireland.

He was good, but has never been the same since his move to Liverpool and his failure to start on a regular basis for West Ham must have been embarrassing.

His career is now going further down than Stephen Hawking.

great striker, despite he's playing for rival spurs. . probably he's downfall started at Liverpool.

**** Rafa Bnitez for ruining his life. if rafa loves torres, then love him, dont start jumping on other ST's like that.

One of Coventrys best ever strikers, will always be in my heart.

Robbie Keane now in the top 5 highest European goalscorers of all time at International level, and the only one still playing.

He is a great man for the tap ins. Off the ball 18 and anticipation 20 in FM terms IMO. But a lot of his goals are against smaller teams or at unimportant times or penos. It is hard to hate him though even after his laziness as a striker and the fact he moans at others alot. Fair play to him

As an Ireland season ticket holder I'd say no. Yes Robbie has scored goals but many players have played more vital roles than Robbie namely, Given, Roy, and mostly Niall Quinn. For a few seasons now Doyler has dne most of Keane's donkey work and some fans have the cheek to criticise Doyler. Trap builds the team around Robbie which is a compliment but for me there's many better strikers than Robbie.

International goals aren't the be-all and end-all. Look at David Healy!

I think he used to be good, before he joined Liverpool.

Since then he has declined, and I would say he would be around 50th in my all time list of strikers, at the moment, and that is subject to change.

As Dunc said, he declined after joining Liverpool. He's a good striker, you don't just get that amount of international goals by being average. Still a good quality striker, but he's past his Premier League best.

But a lot of his goals are against smaller teams or at unimportant times or penos.

I cant agree with that, he has scored against Turkey, Czech Rep. X2(when they used to be good), RussiaX2, Germany, Denmark X2, Spain, Croatia, Italy and France. Thats not even including the likes of Sweden, who arent a bad team.
He has scored 3 goals in the world cup, two of which where to tie the game. His goal against Italy in Euro 2008 qualifying got us a vital point. His goal against France should have brought the play-off to penos but.......

Never one of the best, was good, and has since declined. Would be just outside my top 50 if i sat down and thought it through

Voted top 250 as I couldn't think of more than that many strikers that are worse than him. He's not a bad player but he's not any better than good.