Footy4Life89

Banned
Reaction score
Hi I am currently managing Bishop's Stortford I am currently in the 3rd season in league 2

1st season:
BSN
Positon-1st
Top Scorer-Mikael Antoine-Curier 30 in 36
Best Line Up

James Gilpin
David McNamee Oliver Nicholas Phil McGuire Ryan Carolan
Albeltareck Sakali Charlie Miller Paudie Quinn Gareth Williams Ismael Fofana
Mikael Antoine-Curier

2nd season:
BSP
Postion-1st
Top Scorer- Mikael Antoine-Curier 35 in 42
Best Line Up
Gunnar Neilson
David McNamee Oliver Nicholas Derrick Williams Jake Bidwell
Abdeltareck Sakali Gareth Williams Charlie Miller Ismael Fofana
Mikael Antoine-Curier Tristain Plummer

3rd season so far 11 games in:
L2
Positon- 18th
Top Scorer- Louis Moult-7 in 9 (injured)
Best Line Up
Trevor Carson
David McNamee Derrick Williams David McCracken Jake Bidwell
Marnick Vermijl (L) Gareth Williams Kaby Pessone (regen L)
Mikael Antoine-Curier Louis Moult

Big Sales
Oliver Nicholas 200k to some Turkish mob
Ismael Fofana 30k to Motherwell
Mesca 10k to Hayes & Yeading

this is how I've got on so far but after 2 great seasons being 18th in the league is rather frustrating, i didnt expect to win the league but I expected to be competing more being in the top half challenging for play offs so anyone know what I can do to take my team to the next level we are financially sound but any suggested signings or do I have to wait and improve the team year by year

What I try and do is filter out the deadwood, so you free up some wage budget, try and bring some players in on loan, get a parent club or two, and try and bring in some free transfers at the end of each season, only offer them year long deals in case they turn out to be ****. If they are good then you can just extent the deal, if they are amazing and you know they will be awesome, just give them a two year deal.

Slowely, but surely, you will make enough money to invest in some youngsters, you don't need to be looking at massive profit margins, but look for players you think you could make atleast a few 100k on, you don't need to be looking for future £10m players, but just ones that will be good enough for 2/3 leagues above you so you can flog them on, and then repeat the process, but use your profit to sign more players, so you make more profit next time. Over the years you can make enough money, and use the youngsters in your squad, to have a good chance of building a good solid squad for your assault on the title.

Although, if you get the opportunity to sign someone that will be a future £10m player, try and keep hold of him, because in the time you have to go up the leagues, by the time you reach championship or Prem, you will have a great player :)

Hope that helps.

Normally what I would do in managing team in L2 are:
- First, the most important, get a parent club. You get money and quality player for free.

- Check your players and staff thoroughly. Get rid of those who think are not useful anymore. Every penny counts.

- Secure youngsters, check the countries' U18 pools. England, Ireland, Scotland, France. You'll never know who you'll meet.

- Found a very good player? Make him sign the contract and put "minimum fee release" clause. Don't put the price too high. I usually put 5x of his current value for players under 25 and 2.5x for above 25. Why? Because people prefer younger ones, they can be developed and stay much longer in your team.

- When you sell player, put 50% for "Percentage of next sale" clause. I sold one my my quality player before and I got 2.3m while I was in L2. That's a huge amount for L2 teams. He might not be sold shortly in the future, but at least you have possible future income.

- It's not necessary to focus on getting a quality player who will serve you for years ahead. Forget it, it never happened to me because most likely your quality player will be bought. Even teams in Championship sometimes have to let their best player go to the Premier League. You're in L2 and you want a player who can serve you well until Championship? That will hardly happen. Most possible case is, your player is very good in L2, and then becomes good / decent in L1, and becomes decent / useless in Championship. You need to make the player to like you and your team to prevent him from moving to other teams. Man management is also important here. If you make him unhappy, most likely he will leave.

-Upgrade your youth facility as soon as you can. This is hard, yes, but once you get it, you'll have a firm foundation in producing good youngsters for profit or your team.