Mallets

Reaction score
Starting the game as Liverpool manager. Personally think Suarez stats are underrated. His finishing (13), first touch (14), and composure (13) are all mediocre. With this, I don't see Suarez as the ideal lone striker. Wondering if he'd be better as a wide AM or a CAM.

Any thoughts on this?

With Gerrard still having such high ratings (he actually needs to lose a few points here and there for realism), he still seems the ideal CAM. And it's not like there's any amazing CF that I can afford in Liverpool's first season.

Basically, I'm asking the question, because I trying to decide who to go after in the market (at the beginning of the game, summer before season starts). I could go after a young hot winger/AM... or I could afford a mediocre CF. But that mainly depends on where Suarez will play for the next 2 or 3 years.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Sorry, should have added that my formation is a 4-2-3-1. Playing with a lone striker. However, my wide AMs cut in, to provide support. Which is why I'm thinking Suarez might ought to play out wide.

hi there, i have found playing suarez as an inside forward attack he does well he scored 22 in 45 in all comps as i won the europa leauge he unfortunately picked up cruciate ligament injury in the semi final and has just came back to fitness in second season...
as he is a good dribbler i just let him run and do his thing as he is not affective as a striker or a cam
hope this sort of helps

hi there, i have found playing suarez as an inside forward attack he does well he scored 22 in 45 in all comps as i won the europa leauge he unfortunately picked up cruciate ligament injury in the semi final and has just came back to fitness in second season...
as he is a good dribbler i just let him run and do his thing as he is not affective as a striker or a cam
hope this sort of helps

Definitely does... thanks! Think I'm going to do the same with him.

transfer list a couple of unwanted players, see if fiorentina want any of them. i am napoli and i swapped eduardo vargas and £7m for jovetic, he got 18 goals and 8 assists playing as a DLF in my first season, but i think he'd do even better as an advanced forward, it's just i have cavani there... his stats improve dramatically. below is him season 2 for me, his finishing would be higher if he was played as an advanced forward.

View attachment 299830

if you can't trade for him, i'd do it all in instalments, although it's not good for finances, he's not so expensive that it could really hurt you, and also when you get more budget you can pay it off. in real life i think suarez would be amazing as a number 10 just behind a poacher, but i think he's a great false 9 aswell which is what he's kind of doing now. play him out wide and just behind the striker (inside forward) and see which is best.

I'll take a look at that option haze. With Suarez stats underrated in my opinion, wouldn't mind selling Suarez and buying the younger Jovetic. However it seems Suarez doesn't want to leave at the start of the game. Not disappointed that I have to keep him. May take a look at this option next year. May keep Suarez and still bring in Jovetic. Both of them crashing in from the wings, could be killer.

What about as a Trequarista? Or you could mover the central-attacking midfielder up to make a 4-2-2-2 and have Suarez as a DLF? :)

I use Suarez as a DLF at the head of a 4-2-3-1 formation. He's deep enough to cause problems with his pace and dribbling and can join in the build up. Just starting my 3rd season and he's scored well in the second half of last season once I made the change. Previous attempts at using P, AF or CF ended in long goalless runs.

The 'wingers' are IF/A and the AM is AP/S. I typically play Borini on the left and Sterling on the right (with Ibe to step in).

Try sticking him cam as a Treq. mate. Stick Borini upfront cos he is badly overrated on FM haha. Try get Llorente on a free for next season.