neonshaker

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I refuse to download another person's tactic because I feel I won't really learn anything that way. I want to create my own tactics but I'm having limited success at the moment - it's not dire but far from consistent.

I was just wondering with the plethora of options to tweak with tactics what do people consider the fundamentals of building an effective tactic? What do they do first? How do you decide what philosophy to play with? How do you decide what roles to give players? etc.

I'm looking for a basic starting from scratch ideas thread not catered to a particular team, for amateurs such as myself to use as a starting point.

Any help appreciated.

Yeah I do have the tactical theorems but it's fairly heavy going. What I don't understand with Tomiblaougran's is why he makes the changes he suggests. He has clearly put alot of work into his guide but I'd like to know why or how he decides to make these changes. Apologies if I seem ignorant.....its generally because I am :p

I'd say always play to your teams strengths (Unless your one of the rich clubs who can just buy half a new team to fit ;) )

So don't try get Stoke playing like Swansea, or vice versa :D

But just use logic. I'd say alot of people over-think their tactics, making it too complicated. Apparently old 'Arry Redknapp just sets a formation, picks the players and lets them get on with it. And he managed to take the s***est team in the world to the Champions League ;)

I'd say always play to your teams strengths (Unless your one of the rich clubs who can just buy half a new team to fit ;) )

So don't try get Stoke playing like Swansea, or vice versa :D

But just use logic. I'd say alot of people over-think their tactics, making it too complicated. Apparently old 'Arry Redknapp just sets a formation, picks the players and lets them get on with it. And he managed to take the s***est team in the world to the Champions League ;)

heey! tottenham arent that bad! chelsea or arsenal fan? lol

hehhe im from portugal, and i've always liked spurs, since ginola and sol campbell were there. i also always really liked west ham, since that epic team with joe cole, defoe, lampard, rio etc; but beeing a spurs and a hammers fan is quite the contradiction :p