Icry

Reaction score
I sat in the office chair facing Steve Morgan, who had allowed me to smoke in his office. He probably wasn’t expecting a hand rolled Havana Cigar to be lit up in front of his face. I contemplated offering him one but there was still much to discuss…

“This club has a huge fanbase, and loyal players, the club is an essential part of Wolverhampton. We need to get back to the Premier League ASAP and whilst you have all the credentials, I need to know why you think you can be the man to do this”

I let out a sigh and exhaled the smoke into the air watching it waft to the ceiling. “Well my game plan is this, and you might not like it. Yes it is a big club, and I know this team deserves to be in the Premier League, but there is one stumbling block. Your team of loyal players is a crock of ****. Well that’s not strictly true, there are a few players I would like to retain, but the rest I would like to put up for transfer. The team has 33million pounds at present, plus transfer revenue for these over paid once good footballers. MY plan is to look for young talented future players plus others who are a bit older who can help the youth learn.”

“I like your thinking but what about our…..”

“Youth system yes, Wolves have a cracking youth system, this could certainly help our young players come through the ranks and ultimately challenge for first team places”.

“You’ve surprised me” said Morgan. “I wasn’t expecting anything from you and yet you spout what I am thinking. I think this could work Alright I want you to have the Manager’s job, there is just one thing though, cigar?”

“Of Course”, I said, smiling widely. I then offered him a miniature….. What? It’s only day one after all….

“So, just tell me one thing, which of our loyal wasters do you intend on flogging? For want of a better phrase..”

“Hennessey, De Vries, Muoyokolo, Zubar, Johnson, Elokobi, Ward, Stearman, Henry, O’Hara, Sako, Psezko and Doumbia can frig off as well, Sigurdarson……”

“Who the **** do you intend to bring in????”

“Don’t worry about that, I have friends in the football world and their surnames are Ferguson.”

“I’m looking forward to this, it will be controversial…”

View attachment 359760

Well I wasn't kidding when I said that the squad would be completely gutted. I'm pleased with the signings but the left back and centre midfield are slightly weak but we will see how we go. Here are a few of the key signings:

Adam Le Fondre - Reading (£5M) I consider this a bargain but he will be starting and not playing super sub so hopefully he can knock a few in on a regular basis.

Michael Keane - Manchester United Reserves (£250k) Another bargain in the transfer market for 250k. A good young right back and centre back with bags of potential.

George Thorne - West Brom (£3.9M) A lot of money shelled out for a central midfielder who is 20 years of age. One for the future and some - one who will hopefully nbe a vital part of the team for future years.

Anthony Vanden Borre (FREE!) How the **** did I get him for free, especially when he turned down a Premier League team for us!

Pre Season to come shortly.

Friendly
Saturday 21st​ July 2012

Crewe 1 – 2 Wolves
Edwards 30 Ebanks – Blake 90+1

MOTM: Edwards

Friendly
Saturday 28th​ July 2012

Fiorentina 1 – 3 Wolves
Jonsson 6

Friendly
Saturday 4th​ August 2012

AFC Telford 1 – 3 Wolves
Nouble 9 Edwards 11 Nonkovic 13

Friendly
Tuesday 7th​ August 2012

River 2 – 1 Wolves
Bebe 56

Friendly
Saturday 11th​ August 2012

Galatasaray 2 – 1 Wolves
Doyle 31

Well pre – season was all about fitness really as well as selling the deadwood and getting the new players in, plus allowing them to gel. The team is now ready to go, bring on the season ahead!

League Cup
Tuesday 14th​ August 2012

Wolves 1 – 0 Cheltenham
Adam Le Fondre 88

MOTM: Batth

We left it late and it was a disappointing display but thankfully we made it through

Championship
Saturday 18th​ August

Wolves 1 – 0 Hull
Ninkovic 89

MOTM: Thorne

Left it late again but got the season off to the right start with a win, 30 yard screamer from Ninkovic got the 3 points.

Championship
Tuesday 21st​ August 2012

Leeds 2 – 2 Wolves
Le Fondre 29 Doyle 73

Tough game for us but we dug deep and Doyle got his first of the season to salvage a point.

Championship
Saturday 25th​ August 2012

Wolves 1 – 2 Blackburn
Le Fondre 81

2 – 0 down after half an hour made it difficult, piled forward to scramble one in but couldn’t find another, sitting mid table with 1 1 1 as a record is not ideal.

League Cup
Tuesday 28th​ August

Notts Forest 1 – 3 Wolves
Doyle 8 Le Fondre 54, 80

Strike partnership kicks *** in this one, clinical finishing, Le Fondre coolly passing 2 into the back of the net put us into the 3rd​ round.

Championship
Saturday 1st September

Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Wolves
Le Fondre 56

A steady enough performance and a good 1 on 1 goal from ALF

Championsip
Saturday 15th September

Leicester 1 - 2 Wolves
Le Fondre 3 Vanden Borre 53

We worked hard and got a good 2-0 lead early on, Leicester pulled one back in the 77th minute but it was not enough and we held on.

Championship
Tuesday 18th September

Wolves 1 - 0 Barnsley
Keane 15

Bullet header from the young defender from a Mackay - Steven corner.

League Cup
Tuesday 25th September

Crawley 0 - 2 Wolves
Le Fondre 29, 45+2

We fielded a weaker side but played ALF who got us through in a composed fashion.

Championship
Saturday 29th September

Wolves 1 - 0 Derby
Le Fondre 1

Can this man stop scoring? Less than 60 seconds into the game and he nailed it.

Well what a month, undefeated and the side is beginning to gel now. Adam Le Fondre worth every bit of the 5 million we paid for him

Championship
Tuesday 2nd October

Birmingham 2 - 4 Wolves
Ebanks Blake 28, 39 Le Fondre 43 Carroll 87

SEB getting his first start of the season due to Doyle being tired and he responds with 2 goals which earn him a Jamaica call up. Thomas Carroll, the former Spurs youngster gets his first of the season too. Le Fondre scored but that's inevitable at the moment.

Championship
Saturday 6th October

Wolves 1 - 0 Burnley
Ninkovic 90+1

We left it late as earlier in the season but Ninkovic hit a 30 yarder. A good goal from the £3m man but he is struggling to settle in Wolverhampton, he's probably moved to Redditch which would explain it! Might have to offload him in the future.

Championship
Saturday 20th October

Ipswich 1 - 3 Wolves
Doyle pen 43 Thorne 64 Ebanks - Blake 87

A tough game but what an absolutely amazing goal from George Thorne. Ipswich corner headed out to Thorne on the edge of Wolves' 18 yard box, bombs up the wing, gets one on one with the defender on the edge of their area, goes by him, defender slips, 1 on 1 with the Ipswich keeper and places it at the near post, awesome!

Championship
Tuesday 23rd October

Cardiff 1 - 4 Wolves
Margreitter 2 Batth 28 Le Fondre 52, 64

A great display, nailed nearly all of our shots on target, 2 headers from the defenders and 2 class goals from Le Fondre

Championship
Saturday 27th October

Wolves 2 - 2 Charlton
Doyle 47 Ebanks - Blake 83

Tough game with Charlton scoring 2 quick goals in the second half, super sub Seb with a late goalmouth scramble equaliser. Disappointing but our form is so good at the moment so we can let this one slip.

League Cup
Tuesday 30th October

Arsenal 4 - 1 Wolves
Mackay - Steven 42

We didn't turn up, great experience playing at The Emirates but we need to do better and be better for next season. Making me think about transfers for January now.

All in all another good month but tailed off a little at the end, lets see what November brings.

Championship
Saturday 3rd November 2012

Wolves 2 - 0 Bristol City
Doyle 22 Le Fondre 54

2 goals from the top two, need I say more?

Championship
Tuesday 6th November

Bolton 0 - 3 Wolves
Doyle 22 Le Fondre 80 Ebanks - Blake 88

A gutsy performance from a Bolton team in freefall but we wrapped it up late on.

Championship
Saturday 10th November

Wolves 1 - 0 Millwall
Le Fondre 78

Tough game, got the important win though.

Championship
Saturday 17th November

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 3 Wolves
Doyle 11 Mackay - Steven 36 Le Fondre 53

2-1 up at half time and ALF secured the points early in the second half.

Championship
Wednesday 21st November

Brighton 0 - 1 Wolves
Doyle 48

Tough game with hardly any chances but thankfully we only needed to take the one. Good clean sheet as well.

Championship
Saturday 24th November

Wolves 2 - 1 Notts Forest
Doyle 36 Le Fondre 58

Top two do it again.

Championship
Tuesday 27th November

Huddersfield 1 - 3 Wolves
Vanden Borre 19, 27 Le Fondre 47

ALF scores yet again, great early double from Vanden Borre who was playing in midfield.

Another great month, I really put together a great team in the summer.

View attachment 361520

not bad pretty good maybe include more screenshots and to make them bigger just double click the picture and there will be options

Hey man are you having the similar problem i had with the writing tools not working or is that your normal layout?

BIG TRANSFER NEWS

Milos Ninkovic and Robert Pires have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent. Smith is disappointed with Ninkovic for not settling and a total of £4M has been wasted on him because he couldn't settle and was being a whiney little *****.

Robert Pires boosted shirt sales but he was simply a bench warmer and has gone off to consider his career elsewhere. Pires is wished the very best in his future endeavours.

Smith has also shelled out a massive £16.5M on three new players who will be joining the Championship club on the 1st January. One is a centre back, one a right back who can and will cover at left back, and the other is a winger / striker who will break the highest ever transfer spent fee, if anyone is reading or cares then feel free to have a guess who these 3 English players are.

Coolmcool, yeah mate, the writing tools aren't letting me have the layout as I want it.

You got Zaha right, got him for 9 million, I like to think the two signings are better than Dawson and Taylor!

Coolmcool, yeah mate, the writing tools aren't letting me have the layout as I want it.

You got Zaha right, got him for 9 million, I like to think the two signings are better than Dawson and Taylor!

Yes one right but didnt mean Michael meant the pretty good young one at west brom Craig are they Nathaniel Clyne or Kyle Naughton and the CB Cieran Clark or James Tomkins

I had the same problem try downloading google chrome or any other browser and go on fm base through them and it will work, a moderator informed me a few hours ago

Cheers mate, will have a look tomorrow and see if I can get it working. Need to do another big update as well as currently playing in March and only updated to November so far.

Championship
Saturday 1st December 2012

Watford 2 - 2 Wolves
Doyle 15 Batth 83

Where's ALF when you need him? Batth with a late equalising header and another MOTM as well.

Championship
Tuesday 4th December 2012

Wolves 2 - 0 Blackpool
Le Fondre 32 Keane 50

Championship
Saturday 8th December 2012

Wolves 3 - 2 Middlesbrough
Le Fondre 14 Keane 51 Doyle 79

Super Kevin Doyle delights all with a late winner.

Championship
Saturday 15th December 2012

Peterborough 0 - 4 Wolves
Ebanks - Blake pen 9 Le Fondre 63 Doyle 84 Keane 90+1

Sorry Posh, I love you but... We had to destroy you. Michael Keane the centre back with 3 goals in 3 games, same for ALF.

Championship
Saturday 22nd December 2012

Hull 1 - 0 Wolves

Outplayed and outclassed by Hull.

Championship
Wednesday 26th December 2012

Wolves 1 - 1 Leeds
Le Fondre 60

Too much turkey in the lads' system to give a creditable performance.

Championship
Saturday 29th September 2012

Blackburn 1 - 2 Wolves
Mackay - Steven 16 Doyle 48

Right, time to reveal those all important signings. We say goodbye to Georg Margreitter and George Elokobi who move to Norwich and Huddersfield respectively for a total of £3M.

View attachment 362091View attachment 362092View attachment 362093

3 quality players signed. Zaha cost us £9.5M from Palace. I offered Norwich £5M for Benno and they accepted, as a Posh fan I always try and sign Bennett on FM. Kyle Naughton is another class signing and a bargain at £2.6M from Spurs, plays right back and can play left back which is where I will utilise him.

Championship
Tuesday 1st January 2013 (New year, same story)

Wolves 3 - 0 Crystal Palace
Le Fondre 43 Edwards 59 O'Hara 70

A good goal from Edwards who is getting some serious game time at the moment. A rare start for transfer listed O'Hara and a rare goal too.

FA Cup
Saturday 5th January 2012

Burnley 0 - 1 Wolves
Edwards 83

Left it late but we progress through.

Championship
Saturday 12th January 2013

Barnsley 0 - 4 Wolves
Le Fondre 11, 15, 40, 78

4 goals? 4 GOALS! Adam Le Fondre, what a signing he has been and this proves it. A class show.

Championship
Tuesday 15th January 2013

Wolves 2 - 0 Leicester
Doyle 46 Batth 80

Championship
Monday 21st January 2013

Wolves 0 - 0 Brighton

FA Cup
Saturday 26th January 2013

Wolves 1 - 0 Leyton Orient
Doyle 10

Championship
Saturday 2nd February 2013

Derby 0 - 3 Wolves
Zaha 8 Doyle 16, 23

Its great that Zaha has scored his first for the club and a nice double from KD.

Championship
Sunday 10th February 2013

Wolves 1 - 1 Birmingham
Le Fondre 43

FA Cup
Saturday 16th February 2013

Wolves 4 - 2 Bolton
Edwards 13, 25, 90+1 Batth 23

Well Edwards wants to stay and with performances like that he will be taken off the transfer list.

Championship
Tuesday 19th February 2013

Wolves 1 - 0 Ipswich
Keane 38

Championship
Wednesday 27th February 2013

Burnley 0 - 2 Wolves
Carroll 29 Edwards 38

Championship
Saturday 2nd March 2013

Charlton 0 - 3 Wolves
Le Fondre 7, 45 Mackay Steven 27

Championship
Tuesday 5th March 2013

Bristol City 1 - 1 Wolves
Zaha 44

FA Cup
Saturday 9th March 2013

Machester City 1 - 0 Wolves

A gutsy performance but Aguero scored late on.

Championship
Saturday 16th March 2013

Wolves 2 - 0 Bolton
Ebanks - Blake 48 Zaha 57

Question, has the league ever been won this early? It has now!​

End of season, season review. pre season and summer transfers coming tomorrow.

WOLVES WIN CHAMPIONSHIP!

View attachment 367162

Championship
Wednesday 20th March 2013

Wolves 1 - 0 Cardiff
Bennett 43

Championship
Saturday 30th March

Millwall 1 - 1 Wolves
Le Fondre 43

Championship
Monday 1st April 2013