Which are best way to setup the best youth team and staff with no money?

tigertailz001

Reaction score
Which are best ways to setup the best youth team and staff with no money?

If I start the game in English lower leagues (BSP,BSN or BSS divisions) with no money to spend!. How do I get best out staff and players? to progress into the first team in future. Also trying teach them to play short passing/possession style football, so I produce my own tiki-taka style players!. Of course the facilities will be basic, or minimal and possibly rented. Also anyone found good cheap staff to do this?.

Last edited:
I think if you use a formation/tactic for a long time, it will eventually be imbedded in the club's philosophy. If you play possession tactics like Barcelona, the youth that comes up will have more passing based stats. The same thing for counter attack tactics.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I read about this a long time ago in some post.

I've started a new game with just English leagues (Premier League to Blue Square Bet North/South) and large database for quickness. Started unemployed (Sunday league footballer), just got job with Stalybridge Celtic F.C. in Blue Square Bet North division, going to try and play short passing possession style football (tiki-taka style) fingers crossed!. My long term goal produce my own good players from youth team to graduate into first team and climb the leagues as high as can?. Not sure on formation yet but previous manager left to take over Northern Ireland international youth team and the assistant manager has been using 4-3-3(4-2-3-1) formation, I think would be good idea carry on using his formation and add my playing style to his formation. Then add my formations to the backup formations to learn?, then using formations when they have learnt them???. Does anyone else have different idea to suggest!

I deleted my game as Stalybridge Celtic, wasn't going well got the sack!.

Last edited:
I'm going to try and test theory in the editor, I'm going to pick a team in either Blue Square Bet North/South divisions with a good training and youth setup and change their club tactical attributes and preferred formations to a tiki-taka/total football (attacking short passing/possession style) tactics ie copy FC Barcelona or AFC Ajax tactical attributes. And Install a perfect backroom staff by copying Josep (Pep) Guardiola tactical attributes to a new created U'18 youth team manager, Michael Laudrup tactical attributes for a new created U'18 youth assistant manager, Arsene Wenger tactical attributes for new created head of youth development, Johan Cruijff tactical attributes for new created director of football & Marcelo Bielsa tactical attributes to reverve team manager etc. Anyway getting back to my theory, I believe if this works well?, the club should be able to play that style learn and play the tactic & style quicker than usual?, and maybe the youth team should produce more young technical players to play that style at the lower league level?. Also to see if the director of football & head of youth development sign players more suited to play tiki-taka/total football style?. Does anyone agree with me or have any ideas about subject?. The non-playing staff I've suggested are just ideas who I think they prefer to play that way?.

Last edited:
Sort of along the same thread... is anyone noticing better results with putting their 5 star potential youth players in their Under - 18 team or loaning them out or promoting them up to your own Reserve team. I have some talented youth players (15-16 year old kids) and I want to give them the best training possible but not sure which avenue to put them in. I'd like to think my team and my staff will do a better job of managing youth than a 2nd division team and their staff, but they make get more challenges by playing competitive 2nd divison matches than U-18 football. Thoughts please!!!

Sort of along the same thread... is anyone noticing better results with putting their 5 star potential youth players in their Under - 18 team or loaning them out or promoting them up to your own Reserve team. I have some talented youth players (15-16 year old kids) and I want to give them the best training possible but not sure which avenue to put them in. I'd like to think my team and my staff will do a better job of managing youth than a 2nd division team and their staff, but they make get more challenges by playing competitive 2nd divison matches than U-18 football. Thoughts please!!!

They will need good training facilities, good coaches and plenty of games, so i think a little but of everything in the right amount will do great!

Take look at my latest thread on FM13 Editing Discussion called Creating English coaching revolution?, adding new coaches to the database. (English coaching revolution)

Last edited:
They will need good training facilities, good coaches and plenty of games, so i think a little but of everything in the right amount will do great!
Have you checked out!, my thread is on FM13 Editing Discussion called "Creating English coaching revolution?, adding new coaches to the database?. I've started it yet, being Christmas period I've been busy haven't found time to do it?.

I deleted my game as Stalybridge Celtic, wasn't going well got the sack!.

have you tried looking at the bath city guide?
you may struggle to play that style of football in the lower leagues and achieve continued success. as of yet i have been unable to build a squad capable of playing the style and winning regularly