Which football manager game is the hardest?

Splodge1990

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I wanted to hear from you guys which football manager game is the hardest to play?

For me personally I would say FM2011 is the hardest.

i would say fifa manager series. i dont wanna play it EVER. ;it's shittier than FM

FM the BEST (H)

They all seem to be hard at first, but like every game they all become pretty easy once played for a long amount of time.

But if I had to pick.. It'd be 2009.

2009... I always seemed to struggle to make average teams great. It's a lot easier on 2011 imo.

I remember playing on one of the old CM games, I remember winning every game but two one season, only to find out that Leeds won the league on winning ALL of their games, its so annoying that they were the only team I lost against!

And that is the only football manager game I never been able to win a league on!

4 me it was a very old CM edition, i can´t even remember wich year it was. U could only play in Italy, and after a few seasons, u could not buy any players. Never achieved to win an European Cup and i also got relegated with AC Milan.
I remember that i used to buy Eric Cantona in the beginning, he was 28 years old by the time and was a scoring machine.

fantasma that sounds like cm italia i played that a few times but didnt really get in to football manager games till cm3

fantasma that sounds like cm italia i played that a few times but didnt really get in to football manager games till cm3

i really can´t remember, but it was somewhere between 16 years ago. Giggs was a wonderkid(A), i was a kid too.

I found 09 easiest! The older ones before visible pitch were **** hard.

I find them all pretty easy to be honest :)

I have never been relegated, I have been fired once in Fm08 I always finish in the top 8 even if predicted to finish last....

but I would say that maybe Fm08 was pretty hard in comparison the the latest ones as well as maybe one of the Cm's :)

I found that CM01-02 was the hardest for me. All the FMs seem straight forward since the tactics became more detailed.

I find them all pretty easy to be honest :)

I have never been relegated, I have been fired once in Fm08 I always finish in the top 8 even if predicted to finish last....

but I would say that maybe Fm08 was pretty hard in comparison the the latest ones as well as maybe one of the Cm's :)

Pretty similar to me, i always either overachieve with smaller teams or meet expectations with big teams. Never been close to being relegated with anyone since iv been playing this game for the past yearsss. Have only been sacked when i tested out the give board ultimatum button a few years back :$

People will argue that this is the hardest, although its not, its just the most in depth and detailed, which for the speedy click through managers of this world will find difficult because to do it properly takes effort.

Not sure what the hardest one is really, i found it more difficult when i originally started playing because i was unfamiliar, but compared to FM11 they were so simple.

My answer is, whichever FM you started your football manager experience with ^^)

CM 01-02 seemed the hardest for me. Easiest ever was CM 97-98. Everything I did seemed to work out, even though it was my first CM \ FM game. The games are far more enjoyable now, as with each new game they're so much more in depth and realistic. Even when you're struggling with a poor team, there's so much you can do to turn it all around and build the club up.

4 me it was a very old CM edition, i can´t even remember wich year it was. U could only play in Italy, and after a few seasons, u could not buy any players. Never achieved to win an European Cup and i also got relegated with AC Milan.
I remember that i used to buy Eric Cantona in the beginning, he was 28 years old by the time and was a scoring machine.

It was CM Italia... I also had it, and thought it was great! I had Gascoigne, Baggio and Romario in my Juve team, and kicked *** every year! I also had the CM which preceeded Italia - CM 95... I think?? Andy Cole was at Newcastle, Shearer at Blackburn, Klinsmann at Spurs... and Ray Wilkins was still playing! I won everything there was to win with Colchester, so I took over at Ipswich as another manager, just so I could challenge myself! It was a Colchester, Ipswich 1, 2 every season. The only annoying thing was that you couldn't sign any foreign players until you were about 6 years into the game. (Christian Vieri was 16 or 17 at the start)

cant remember but like 5 years ago whichever one that was mite have been first fm and i found it so hard, would always be chelsea but always struggled to dominate. cudnt seem to break teams down at all.

On FM 2011 I can't replicate the way Barcelona plays and more specifically get Xavi to pass the ball 100 times a game.
On FM 2010 it was pretty easy to do that.

Off topic, the FIFA Manager series is probably the shittiest manager game out there. <)

Off topic, the FIFA Manager series is probably the shittiest manager game out there.
Hey! I started managing in Fifa Manager....
Anyway FM2011 is the easiest and hardest version i'v played since it's the only version i'v played lol.

remember lma manager that was my introduction to management games, nice little learning curve before u moved onto the real thing :) CM!!!!!