Which laptop should I get for football manager 2016

seanboy91

Reaction score
Could someone please help me. I'm looking to buy a laptop what will run football manager fast. I'm only going to be playing fm on it. If anyone could help me out as I have no clue about laptops ect.

You need a laptop or a desktop pc with about 8-16gb Ram, A decent graphics card and a decent GPU.

You don't need 8gb but it will be foolish to go under 6gb. This is something i know a bit about coz i bought my laptops for this reason too, if you want to spend around £399 than you might want to try and AMD A10- APU rather than an Intel chip because you get dual graphics, Intel is slightly faster processing but AMD isn't far behind but like i said you get 2 lots of graphics power and a far better system.. This is very nice for the price..

Buy Toshiba 15.6 inch A10 8GB 1TB Laptop - Red at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Laptops and netbooks.

Don`t buy laptop for gaming if you don`t have the money for it. A good one is from 1200
Buy a desktop, much cheaper and better for gaming, plus you can upgrade it easy over the years.

Another thing to bear in mind is with a PC it's far more beneficial in the long term as it's very easy to upgrade-even a noob like me was able to do it and you can find some very good offers in which some prices are cheaper than laptops. With some laptops there are no options for upgrades. Plus it's more financially viable to use a desktop (just imo as I'm speaking from experience).

Also-don't even touch Alienware. Overpriced garbage. Lilke Nike you're just paying for the brand name nothing more.

Come on guys, it's FM, not freaking Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. Just buy a new laptop for decent price and FM will run smoothly. I got 4 GB DDR3 RAM and I've never seen any lags playing FM.

Exactly £399 for a laptop is great value, you want FM16 in comfort on the go or an ya knee not upright on some computer desk constricted.. Each to their own though we're all different, but the guy did ask for laptop advice and thats what i've given, good luck..

This is one i'm getting..

Processor
  • AMD Quad-Core A10-8700P APU 1.8GHz Turbo upto 2.9GHz
  • with Radeon R6 Graphics
  • 2MB Cache
Memory
  • 8 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
Hard Drive
  • 1TB SATA 5400rpm
Software
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit
Display
  • 15.6" LED Backlit
  • Resolution 1366 x 768 HD
Graphics
  • AMD Radeon R7 M360 Graphics (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
HP Pavilion 15-ab059na Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

You need a laptop or a desktop pc with about 8-16gb Ram, A decent graphics card and a decent GPU.
a gpu IS a graphics card. It stand for Graphics Processing Unit *facepalm*

a gpu IS a graphics card. It stand for Graphics Processing Unit *facepalm*
... Actually, the GPU and the Graphics card are not the same thing.

A GPU is the processing unit that handles the complicated visual processes; dynamic shadowing, particle effects, ect. It allows for greater processing speeds since it's a specialized Proccesing unit that offloads 3D graphics rendering from the microprocessor.

A Graphics Card on the other had is a special designed expansion card whose function is to generate and output images to a display. Many video cards offer added functions, such as accelerated rendering of 3D scenes, video capture, TV-tuner adapter, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 decoding, FireWire, light pen, TV output, or the ability to connect multiple monitors.

Saying they're the same thing is like saying the CPU is a Motherboard... *facepalm*

Moral of the story: Don't be a ****.
Okay, I love you, bu-bye

Last edited:
I have an Apple MBP, mid-2012, with an i5 processor, 2.5GHz and 16GB RAM (1600MHz). 1GB Ram is allocated as VRAM using my Intel HD Graphics 4000.

How fast will this run FM2016?

I use England (Prem to Lowest League), same for Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Brazil.
Maybe like 15 leagues. Will it be quick?

Since when I had this many leagues on this laptop last year with 4GB RAM it was quite laggy. However, back then the VRAM was 384MB. So theoretically like 3 times as much there now. Would it be a significant improvement?

Hi there,

I'm a regular reader of these forums but don't usually post. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I'm about to get a new laptop and I'd love to play fm smoothly/quickly with about 10 nations/20 leagues.

Ive seen this one which I'm tempted by but this is top of my budget.

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/m/p/1955707

thoughts on it or does anyone know any better deals I'm missing? It needs to be a laptop as I often work away and like to take it with me.

Thanks in advance