Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Which leagues do you usually load for your various fm games?

and

Which leagues should you load, which in your opinion contain the most skillful players?

Banned
Reaction score
I only load spl scottish 1st division scottish 2nd division
epl championship league 1 league 2 bsp bss bsn as i play on my laptop

Reaction score
Dependin on what kinda game I'm looking at doing really. Normally I load English down to L2 and top divisions of Spain and Italy. If I fancy a journeyman career I do Argentina, Brazil, England, Italy, Spain, USA, and a few other, I can't remember which one's now but there's usually about 10 countries with about 15 leagues. I really wanna get a top spec comp so I can have the ultimate journeyman career with every league from every country loaded

Reaction score
England,Spain,Italy,Germany,France,Russia,Ukraine,Brazil,Argentina,Chile,Peru,Uruguay,South Africa (quality regens from there), Croatia,Belgium,Holland and Portugal

Reaction score
I load the top 2 divisons of England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Argentina, Austria, Brasil, Columbia, Belgium, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Switzerland, Chile, South Korea, E.U.A, Croatia, Denmark, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Finland, Netherlands, Israel, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Peru, Serbia, Czech Republic, Romania, Sweden, Uruguay, Turkey.

Reaction score
I load the top 2 divisons of England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Argentina, Austria, Brasil, Columbia, Belgium, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Switzerland, Chile, South Korea, E.U.A, Croatia, Denmark, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Finland, Netherlands, Israel, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Peru, Serbia, Czech Republic, Romania, Sweden, Uruguay, Turkey.
I envy you, it would take about 3 days for me to load that up.

Reaction score
filipe_18 isnt your game slow when you select that many leagues?

Reaction score
i load only romanian first 2 leagues with a custom database of about 40k players:p

Reaction score
England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, France all down to lowest level possible.
Scotland, Wales, Portugal, Ukraine, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey are the rest.

Reaction score
I only load england, spain, germany, italy and brazil i envy all you that download like 10+ XD

Reaction score
all leagues available. Mexico, USA, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Portugal. Russia, Scotland, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa

Reaction score
England, Scotland, Wales, Spain, Italy, Brazil and france also Large database

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does the amount of leagues you load affect the speed when you play? I know it affects the speed when starting the game, but not sure if when you are playing it goes slower or not.

Reaction score
Yes it will the com will still have to stimulate the matches and obviously that takes a longer time.

Reaction score
England, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina
Large Database
I have only 1 of 5 stars for Game Speed, but it still works good

Reaction score
i load all nations, all leagues, but only set england, germany, spain, and italy to playable. (playable is what really limits game speed the most)

then i have a large database, with custom options set (european international players, south american international players, european players at least continental reputation, south american players with at least continental reputation)

i like realism and i like having more players to choose from

i have 1.5/5 stars for speed and starting a new game takes like 5 minutes to find all the manager targets. but after that it's relatively fast

when i click continue, it'll take anywhere between 5 seconds and 30 seconds to sim all the international matches

i actually never tried loading fewer leagues so i wouldn't know what a faster FM experience feels like

Banned
Reaction score
Portugal, Spain, France, England, Ireland, Croatia, Serbia, South Korea, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, USA(only-view), Russia, Ukraine, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Austria, Slovakia

Reaction score
I normally load England, spain, italy, germany and france but then have a custom database so clubs still have a good pick of players from south america and africa etc. Usually have about 98,000players loaded