Which of these strikers should I keep?

Henry8597

Reaction score
In this save I have always had 2 world class strikers who I bought early and developed, then once one of them reach their potential and have a high market value I sell them. I now have a regen from Argentina who needs regular playing time and am wondering which one of my two gems I should let go?

Bamba is my advanced forward although he has had a stop, start season this year due to injury. He is a total beast upfront and got European golden boy a couple of years ago. He has been the driving force in my team for some time. I could probably fetch between 40-50 million for him.

View attachment 363501View attachment 363502View attachment 363503

Oliveira plays as my deep lying forward and scores and assists a lot from this position, he has only really come to life over the past two years and is also the younger of the two. I think I could at a push get 55 million for him.

View attachment 363504View attachment 363505View attachment 363506

For one, I would use the stirkers in each others roles, Bamba is a unit and is a better technical player than Oliviera. I'd keep them both though, wont get too much better than them.

For one, I would use the stirkers in each others roles, Bamba is a unit and is a better technical player than Oliviera. I'd keep them both though, wont get too much better than them.

I am replicating what Porto do IRL though (Making massive profits on transfers) as this is the only way I can keep the quality of squad I have currently got. I can only afford the wages I pay by buying small, developing and selling then replicating this cycle. Also, When they they are both due for renewals I wont be able to afford both of the wages, but only one big striker and a younger one that I can develop.

As for not being able to replace with better, these two have replaced this partnership I had previously of Sackey and Araujo which I sold for 89.5 Million combined.

The last screenshot shows the Ive made off selling players from when Ive first started this save. I've spent 189 million and sold 653 million worth of players whilst also winning the league every year and the champions league 3 times!

View attachment 363517View attachment 363518View attachment 363519View attachment 363520View attachment 363521

For me, keep both, Scoring is the way to win. If you win, thats money. Sell other players. They are just too good, wish i have both

For me, keep both, Scoring is the way to win. If you win, thats money. Sell other players. They are just too good, wish i have both

I think I will, the thing is even when I've had a great year where I win everything inc. champions league I just about make a small profit 2/3 million, this is due to tax being around 5/6 million a month and I have no Idea why. Also, there is no prize money for the league and sponsorship is still quite low even after doing so well in Europe

I think I will, the thing is even when I've had a great year where I win everything inc. champions league I just about make a small profit 2/3 million, this is due to tax being around 5/6 million a month and I have no Idea why. Also, there is no prize money for the league and sponsorship is still quite low even after doing so well in Europe

The best way to increase sponsorship is to obviously get your team's rep up, it takes a while, with my Celtic team I am only at 3.5* and I've won champs league twice, been to final another time, and never lost the SPL. Also dominated Club World Cup. Also in my Arsenal save I found having affiliates in USA, China, and Japan helps a lot. Signing players who are good enough to be in your team from nations you have affiliates in also boosts merchandise.

The best way to increase sponsorship is to obviously get your team's rep up, it takes a while, with my Celtic team I am only at 3.5* and I've won champs league twice, been to final another time, and never lost the SPL. Also dominated Club World Cup. Also in my Arsenal save I found having affiliates in USA, China, and Japan helps a lot. Signing players who are good enough to be in your team from nations you have affiliates in also boosts merchandise.

I am the 4th most reputable team in the world behind Madrid, Barcelona and man Utd. Also, I am affiliated with shanghai shenhua, Toronto, Chivas and fluminese. Also, I have the two best players in Japan playing for me and an Australian who has played record games for the national team. Most of my players come from brazil/Argentina/Mexico though. I think it's just the lack of competition money within Portugal.

I am the 4th most reputable team in the world behind Madrid, Barcelona and man Utd. Also, I am affiliated with shanghai shenhua, Toronto, Chivas and fluminese. Also, I have the two best players in Japan playing for me and an Australian who has played record games for the national team. Most of my players come from brazil/Argentina/Mexico though. I think it's just the lack of competition money within Portugal.

You're definitely doing sponsorship properly haha. Although, try and get another team from USA. I have two and once I got #2 they started inviting me on American tours and Started paying me to come, instead of the other way around. Yeah idk what competition money is like in Portugal. I think your sticking with Porto business model is quite cool, and it is certainly profitable.

You're definitely doing sponsorship properly haha. Although, try and get another team from USA. I have two and once I got #2 they started inviting me on American tours and Started paying me to come, instead of the other way around. Yeah idk what competition money is like in Portugal. I think your sticking with Porto business model is quite cool, and it is certainly profitable.

Yeah. My favourite save. I just can't resist turning down offers of over double a players value when I have a youngster who can step in and become just as good! I will try and get a US team next time I can get another affiliate although the person who's just been voted in as president doesn't have a clue! I have realised that every team in the USA has a parent club already, can they have two?

Yeah. My favourite save. I just can't resist turning down offers of over double a players value when I have a youngster who can step in and become just as good! I will try and get a US team next time I can get another affiliate although the person who's just been voted in as president doesn't have a clue! I have realised that every team in the USA has a parent club already, can they have two?

I believe so, LA and Toronto are my two USA affiliates. I think teams can have two parent teams.

I believe so, LA and Toronto are my two USA affiliates. I think teams can have two parent teams.

I tried getting New York red bulls due to them having no current parent club and them being the most reputable team in the US but they rejected! Now I will probably have to wait another year until the option becomes available again!

I tried getting New York red bulls due to them having no current parent club and them being the most reputable team in the US but they rejected! Now I will probably have to wait another year until the option becomes available again!

That's rough, but yeah, keep winning trophies, and Champs League. Then sponsorship will become much better for your team. In my Celtic save, I loaned all my best youth players out to fellow SPL teams, which over time improved their European performances, and their reputation. Helping boost the SPL.

That's rough, but yeah, keep winning trophies, and Champs League. Then sponsorship will become much better for your team. In my Celtic save, I loaned all my best youth players out to fellow SPL teams, which over time improved their European performances, and their reputation. Helping boost the SPL.

I tried the thing about loaning to other Portuguese clubs, but due to bad facilities and AI training, they didn't develop. Sporting, braga and benfica seem to always do well In Europe anyway so that should boost league reputation alone. I am in 2022 I think, and have won the league every year since the start, the cups every year, got to at least the champions league quarter finals and won it twice aswell as the Europa league in the only year I featured In it.