KimGreve

Reaction score
Liverpool first season.

Should I buy Saul from At. Madrid or Lucas Paqueta?
Saul cost 47 million pund and Paqueta cost 19 million pund.

Someone who have experience with Saul or Paqueta so far?

Please help me?

Paqueta for me, he not only has plenty of potential but is ready now, I got him and he is currently keeping Pogba out of my United team.

Should I buy Milenkovic or De Ligt? Roma, 1st season.

Arsenal 2nd season transfer window

I normally rush transfer window. This time is different, i'm searching for advice.
Arsenal 2nd season. Finished 3rd in EPL, won FA cup and was knocked out in quarter final of Europa cup.

I am looking for advice on the following;

CM - to cover either MEZ and BBM role
- Sergej Milinkovic-savic / Mateo Kovacic / Alexandr Golovin or Rabiot

CWB right side - will be a rotation role to keep Bellerin fresh
- Eder Militao

GK - preferably English
- Jordan Pickford (can he play in the big leagues of Champion league and top 3 of EPL)?

I will appreciate any advice given. Like I said, i normally jump into the window, rush it and regret the signings I make.

Figure it can't hurt to ask for suggestions.

Running rampant through the Championship with Blackburn in the first season. A bit surprised - I figured on having a solid first season and pushing for promotion in the second season. But now we are going up and I'm worried. I have some solid veteran players, almost all of whom aren't Prem caliber, and some quality youngsters - again, almost all of whom aren't ready for the Prem. The aim will be survival. Will likely use the same 4-3-3 Gegenpress tactic, though I might switch to a more defensive tactic if things are sour. Either way, I am targeting hard-working players with good physicals and hopefully some technique.

Rebuilding a side to compete at a higher level is a fun challenge. I'm a bit concerned in this case - the starting budget I was given is 38m Euros. Not bad. But the wage budget is 500K Euros per week - basically half of what the lowest current Prem club pays. I can move money from the transfer budget to the wage budget and will probably need to, but that will neuter the spending ability.

I am pretty set up top, with Berenton centering and Xadas and Marin at inside forward. Central defense is a bit of a concern - Conway and Mulgrew are solid players but not really Prem-caliber. I got a good offer for Lenihan in the winter window so invested in a couple of good youngsters, from Norway and Poland. Basically its a situation of veterans aren't quite good enough and youngsters aren't ready. Fullback positions are a bit better. Midfield is the same as central defense. I'm hoping to land a good all-round DM like Tonali or Bastien Toma (FC Sion). I have one reasonably-solid MC and three good youngsters for 2 spots. None of the 3 youngsters are really ready to be a full-time first choice just yet. City has Fabian Delph transfer listed for a reasonable fee (7m) but I'm sure his wages will be way out of my range. He would be an ideal signing - can cover MC and DM, leader, and has the personality to mentor. Plus he's English. PERFECT but I doubt it will work out. Scouring for other solid TL'd players but the likes of McCarthy and Schneidlerlin from Everton seem like a bit of a step down from Delph, even if they mostly fit.

Prefer developed players who can perform to the Prem level (maybe even Europa League as we made lost the final of the Carabao Cup so we might get in that way). So.... seeking suggestions for the following positions...

Central mid - a box-to-box style all around
Defensive mid - use him as a DLP but want him to be defensively sound
LB - use a Complete Wing Back but just need someone to transition until my youngsters are ready

with a newly promoted team you will have no chance of getting Fabien Delph.

I tried to get him in in my SAF challange for Watford and he refused to even speak to me as he didn't consider the club big enough

with a newly promoted team you will have no chance of getting Fabien Delph.

I tried to get him in in my SAF challange for Watford and he refused to even speak to me as he didn't consider the club big enough

Yeah, its what I figured. The save is long dead, but I never did land the veteran DM/MC of my dreams. Hard to get a player of that reputation to take a big step down.