Which roles to play 3 midfielder's in?

SFolio

Reaction score
I was just wondering, when you play a formation that either has 3 MC's, 2 MC's and 1 DMC or 1 MC and 2 DMC's, what roles do you play them on? Or for you does it depend on the players?

This depends on the formation as a whole.

I usually play a Defensive Mid,a Box to Box and an advanced playmaker.

Deep Lying Playmaker, Ball winning midfielder and box to box midfielder but I guess it would depend on your players and formation

I play 3 BBM, and it has worked well for me

in a 3 man midfield, generally speaking, you need an attacking player, a holding player, and a player who sits in the middle of them.

Personally, I use a AMC on an AP-S duty. a CM on a DLP-D duty and a CM as a BBM-S.

go register for an account at the official SI games forums, and then read these two guides.

Pairs and Combinations.
How to Play FM - A 12 Step Guide

Brilliant guides. As far as I know they arent posted here, otherwise I'd use that link.

You don't need to register for reading those guides, btw;;

Also, what midfielders you use depends on what sort of players you have, and what roles they can be effective in. In Southampton, against tough opposition in an away match, I used three midfielders - 1 BWM(Defend), 1 CM(Automatic) and 1 AP(Support), all in Central Midfield, and it worked out well for me. Like I said, depends on your players.