I'd put him on the left side, so he can find the opposite corner with the inside of his foot.

I play every poacher on the right side. Always seems to work well for me especially with an advanced forward on the left side.

depends what foot he is I would say, also depends who your playing him with?

I always play my Poacher in the left position and look for right footed ones. If they are left footed there finishing options are more limited in my oppinion.

I think its just down to personal preference but i prefer to play my poacher on the same side as his srongest foot eg. right footed player on right side because the whole goal will be open to shoot at rather than playing a right footed player on the left hand side because then they always have to cut inside to shoot costing time for defenders to close the striker down... Hope that makes sense :)

I do for some reason always play my poacher if I use one on th right side. havn't really thought about it but a right footed on the right should be able to pass or make a cross easier than a left footed on the right side.

I always play me poscher on the right side regardless of his foot preference

I always play mine on the same side as the winger with the strongest passing and creativity stats as they can put the poacher through a lot from the wing.