The league you prefer: Somewhere in Europe not England
The finances: Good
Facilities for training/youth:
Good or better

I usually play in England so looking for a different challenge a mid-table team I can use youth facilities and bring them through to the first team and challenge for the title.
Try Germany or the Netherlands both have some decent mid table teams with good youth facilities and reasonable youth squads.

To make Ajax truly challenging, you pretty much need to go with a youth-only challenge. Can be tough to hold onto the really talented players and make headway in Europe, but dominating the league isn't that difficult. Same with PSV, and even Feyenoord to an extent.

Almost every other club in the league has some talent and potential. I consistently enjoy games with Vitesse Arnheim. You don't get tons of money to spend or to pay wages with, so relying on youth in The Netherlands is pretty key. And with no non-EU rules, you can scout far corners of the globe to dig up interest prospects and develop them as well. But you won't hold onto the promising young players too long, which gets frustrating.

To make Ajax truly challenging, you pretty much need to go with a youth-only challenge. Can be tough to hold onto the really talented players and make headway in Europe, but dominating the league isn't that difficult. Same with PSV, and even Feyenoord to an extent.

Almost every other club in the league has some talent and potential. I consistently enjoy games with Vitesse Arnheim. You don't get tons of money to spend or to pay wages with, so relying on youth in The Netherlands is pretty key. And with no non-EU rules, you can scout far corners of the globe to dig up interest prospects and develop them as well. But you won't hold onto the promising young players too long, which gets frustrating.

I won the treble first season using youth only

Hey guys !

The league you prefer:
Pl or First division
The finances
Ok stable
Facilities for training/youth :
average one.

Thank you

ok guys so im going to start one last save until fm17 and am looking to build using youth.So,the choices are southampton,bournemouth or west brom

Last edited:
ok guys so im going to start one last save until fm17 and am looking to build using youth.So,the choices are southampton,bournemouth or west brom

I'd go for Southampton because their FM16 starting squad is probably stronger than the FM17 version will be, so this might be the last chance to quickly succeed with them for a while - and I say that as a Saints fan. The U18 midfielder Callum Slattery is a gem of a player, dubbed "The Next Glenn Hoddle" in-game. Have him tutored by Steven Davis and have central defender Jason McCarthy tutored by Jose Fonte. I gave Slattery his debut as a 16 year-old in my save, then I took him on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and again at Everton in the Championship where he was brilliant, if a bit injury prone. He later moved to Chelsea and then Manchester United.

Success will take longer to achieve at Bournemouth because they don't have the funds. Depends how quickly you get through matches, of course, but if you're going to buy FM17 close to when it comes out then you've only two months to achieve all your footballing ambitions! I'm actually with them now, in season 2025/26, having just taken them back into the Premier League via the Championship Play-Offs. Don't know so much about West Brom.

I'd go for Southampton because their FM16 starting squad is probably stronger than the FM17 version will be, so this might be the last chance to quickly succeed with them for a while - and I say that as a Saints fan. The U18 midfielder Callum Slattery is a gem of a player, dubbed "The Next Glenn Hoddle" in-game. Have him tutored by Steven Davis and have central defender Jason McCarthy tutored by Jose Fonte. I gave Slattery his debut as a 16 year-old in my save, then I took him on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and again at Everton in the Championship where he was brilliant, if a bit injury prone. He later moved to Chelsea and then Manchester United.

Success will take longer to achieve at Bournemouth because they don't have the funds. Depends how quickly you get through matches, of course, but if you're going to buy FM17 close to when it comes out then you've only two months to achieve all your footballing ambitions! I'm actually with them now, in season 2025/26, having just taken them back into the Premier League via the Championship Play-Offs. Don't know so much about West Brom.

ok mate thanks for the advice.have a soft spot for saints but have to admit im very tempted by bournemouth

Last edited:
just dont go with ajax,way too easy
I agree totally Ajax are too easy even if playing youth only. I have a soft spot to Twente myself, whilst in Germany RBL and Kaiserslautern in division 2 are good fun.

Hello fellow FM-players!

I need some help with picking the team for my final FM-save.
The teams has to fit the following:
Top-5 league
Suits the art of counterattacking, if not then have some funds so I can buy counterattacking players
Decent < facilities

Thank you in advance :)

Wolverhampton is a great match I think.

Have a decent team from the beginning, and holds some nice talents. Iorfa, Hause, Niall Ennis etc.

I have won the PL in my 4th season already.

Promoted as 2nd in first season, number 5 in PL in season 2, same in season 3 and now 1st in season 4.

I always start low, like as low as possible, currently on with a LLM save and am in Englands level 10 with South Shields, just won the division so now in Northern league division 1, so my recommendation is a lower league team, any success is really worth it as there's next to no money down there.

The league you prefer : The Championship
The finances : Not Relevant
Facilities for training/youth : Fantastic facilities

Other things : Club with good chances of making into a top club on long term, hence the good Youth Facilities

The league you prefer : The Championship
The finances : Not Relevant
Facilities for training/youth : Fantastic facilities

Other things : Club with good chances of making into a top club on long term, hence the good Youth Facilities

villa,newcastle,wolves,norwich....