DoubleR

Reaction score
As an alternative to the always handy http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-discussion/183039-team-should-i.html thread, I bring you the: Which Team Should You Be! thread!

The difference is in the name; instead of promoting what kind of club you want and letting other people give suggestions, this thread turns things around by promoting the club itself as suggestions for other to read through. In other words: why should you pick club x? Or why did you enjoy club y in FM 14 which makes it a good reason for others to try it in FM15?

In the end this should (hopefully) result in a massive thread that people can browse through with personalized comments on clubs that are available in FM 15. To make this work, people should follow the three rules below:

1) It is not allowed to only post the club name, you should tell something about it (for example why its a great club in real life, why its a great club/challenge in FM 15 etc.). It is also not allowed to be negative/contradict what people say about a certain club, it should be a constructive and promotional topic!

2) You are not allowed to post the same club twice, however, you are allowed to quote previous suggestions (and explanation) and add to that text. So for example someone says that club x is awesome, you quote the "club x is awesome" and add: they also have great youth facilities. The next person then quotes "club x is awesome" "they also have great youth facilities" and add for example that they like the name.
Therefore when people read back starting with the newest post, they get very complete suggestions by multiple people

3) You can only suggest a max of 3 clubs at a time of which a max of 1 can be a quote from someone else: so either 1 quote and 1 new one, 1 quote, 2 new ones and 1 quote or 3 new ones.

Hopefully we can help each other to give some great new suggestions and get some amazing new careers going for people!

Last edited:
Let me start the suggestions myself:

AFC Wimbledon
Used to be in the premier league (as FC wimbledon), smallest stadium in league 2 and sponsored by Football manager / SI games (which is cool) and besides that.. the animations/ match engine motion capture was done by the AFC wimbledon squad... meaning that they sort of match the real life movements of your squad. They also reside in London, which makes it extra interesting to try to become the biggest London Club!

Paris FC
Currently in the 3rd league in France and famous for splitting of from PSG (Paris Saint-German) when that club merged. Paris is a great city and should deserve multiple big clubs. Can you try to surpass PSG and become the biggest club in Paris/France/The World? Can you do it without the big PSG money?

Feyenoord
The Club I always start my first save with, being a supporter of that team in real life. Based in Rotterdam, Feyenoord was once the richest and best club in the world in the year 1970 when they won the champions league. They are also the holder of the last international title with the europa league won in 2002. However, even though already winning 9 league titles, the last league title has been in 1999! Meaning that the supporters of feyenoord have been waiting 14/15 years for a new national league title; are you the one that can finally bring them some new national succes?
For more suggestions in the Dutch league (eredivise) check out my other thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../177397-promoting-dutch-league-eredivise.html

Let me start the suggestions myself:

Paris FC
Currently in the 3rd league in France and famous for splitting of from PSG (Paris Saint-German) when that club merged. Paris is a great city and should deserve multiple big clubs. Can you try to surpass PSG and become the biggest club in Paris/France/The World? Can you do it without the big PSG money?

Quoting would work like this:

Paris FC #2
This is indeed a great club. Currently having a save with this team in FM15 and so far it has been amazing, close to promotion to the 2nd French League! They are also famous for having some famous players that started at this club in real life.

Last edited:
this is a pointless thread imo

Why? instead of people using the Who Should I Be Thread to let other people suggest them teams based on what they want, they can read about clubs in this thread suggested by others.. I thought it was a pretty good idea ;P

For example you made a (pointless?) thread (on which nobody responded) asking for a "new challenge" (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-discussion/166740-new-challenge.html).. instead you could use this thread with suggestions by other people which you can read and might bring you the challenge you want.. sure your post is about FM14.. but I am sure there also a lot of people in FM 15 that would love something new, suggested by others (that might have no idea at all)

AS your thread said; "All ideas are welcome" --> this is the "all ideas thread"

Last edited:
Tbf although it is similar it offers a different view on things, I think if it takes off it could be a good thread because this thread will try to sell the idea of using a club in the other thread it offers suggestions who you want to be under your said requirements, I will contribute especially if my Roma save kicks off.

I know this is taking over your thread a bit but you don't mind if I ask instead of creating a thread. Do you know how to look at staff attributes who is still a player e.g I have convinced Totti he would make a good coach and he said he can make himself available but I can't find his staff attributes.

Edit: Found it! ^ Just had to continue ha, sorry for the waste of time.

Last edited:
Ajax

I always start as Ajax as find it enjoyable before I move on to Lower League Teams. Ajax give you a great base with 12 million in the kitty first season, also with some fantastic youth players with great potential aswell e.g. Nouri, Kishna, Zivkovic etc. Not to mention that apart from youth, Ajax have a good squad to but need some editions.

Winning the league with Ajax is a must and tbh apart from PSV the other teams do not put up the best of challenges but then again most leagues in the world have selected teams that win there league.

What I enjoy though is Europe which is extremely tough, I find, with Ajax so my aim is always to try and take Ajax back to being the best club out there while bringing through youth players in the process.

I recommend Ajax to FM players who enjoy have a substantial transfer fund at the start of the game, great youth system, and though winning still having a challenge in Europe.

Just to mention I think this thread is a really good idea and hopefully others think so to.

Just to say, of course it's not pointless. It's great to have a place to tell people what clubs you love to manage, why, and hopefully make the game better for them.

With that in mind...

Boavista

Yep, if you want a real challenge, Boavsita are back in the top division of Portugal. They've jumped past the 2nd division altogether, so you've got a squad of 3rd division players in the premiership.

They've got a few players out on loan on big contracts that aren't being paid, a tiny budget, a bloated squad of poor players - and one top notch winger that won't renew. It's a toughie, you'll be in masses of debt, have to sell to stay afloat and the board aren't too ambitious. Patient though.

may have to give baovista a try after reading that post, currently enjoying my athletic bilbao save too much but they may be a good choice for my second save as i have started branching out who i manage in the last few editions of the game, last year in fm14 i started as penarol in urugauy then got the velez stasfield job in my 3rd season and in my second season there i won everything possible including the club world championship, i digress but i will definately look at boavista after reading that.

Eibar

Is a small club that surprised everyone past season earning direct promotion to Liga BBVA in Spain. Their size, economy, facilities and stadium are those of a Segunda B team, maybe bottom Liga Adelante. Yet they're in the top flight, that they opened the season in reality with a win over Real Sociedad and find themselves in an amazing tenth position after eleven games. Probably the smallest club in a top division in any of the big leagues. I think that makes it an unique challenge.

This is such a good idea for a thread :) I already want to try a couple of the teams mentioned.

Heerenveen:

Even though I am an Ajax fan (sorry OP), I always enjoy having a side with this dutch team. Heerenveen is a team that is expected mid table but can, with the right approach, easily play european football. The youth is full of talent, including Sinkgraven. Remember that name! The squad is a good mix of talent but might lack a bit of experience player. Really fun save.

Anyone had any luck whatsoever with Fulham? struggling big time!

Norwich City

Always start with my local club. They have a decent sized squad with some very promising youth players. The budget is more than adequate for the Championship. The challenge managing them is split two ways. One, they're expected to win the league, so at the very least you need to be promoted at the end of the season. The second challenge, and I find it to be the more difficult of the two, is keeping the squad happy. A lot of very talented players who are either receiving Premiership interest or demanding to be in the starting XI.