Which types of strikers score the most goals?

Mattswfc

Reaction score
I need a 20 goal a season striker but I have 2 lined up and I can only sign one. Both 4* potential and 3* at the moment. The strikers are a poacher and a target man.

I need a 20 goal a season striker but I have 2 lined up and I can only sign one. Both 4* potential and 3* at the moment. The strikers are a poacher and a target man.

Well it does depend on what formation u are using not just about the fw you have. Team around him to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Depends on your style of play, I've gotten a wide variety of strikers get to 25-30 goals a season.
In general though, good off the ball, first touch, some aerial ability to go with the obvious decent finishing/composure is all you really need.

I play a 4-3-1-2. Attacking wingers and players with good passing ability

I've had the most success with Poachers. Especially with two wingers playing low crosses into them. Needs to have good Off the Ball, Determination, Anticipation, Finishing, Composure, Acceleration, Pace.

I play a 4-3-1-2. Attacking wingers and players with good passing ability

I don't know what season your in but my suggestion would be to get Rodrigo, the Spanish National who starts at Benfica, and play him as poacher and the other striker as DLF with support and click Rodrigo as 'Target Man' and set 'Run onto Ball'

there's no such thing as the ideal goal-scoring role for a striker...it's dependent on so many factors

Lots of factors, and some are even hidden ( Such as consistency ). I have a 18 year old striker who broke into the first team from my youth squad at Newcastle in 2019 after one of my two main strikers got injured. I started messing around with formations and he has over 25 goals in just 30 games. I found he works best at a TM with a Poacher at his side and wingers or midfielders feeding him with the ball and he just has a knack to put it in the back of the net. You should do the same with your strikers. Try everything to find out works best.

No real style. Its just go out and play naturally so it has a good mix of long ball and short passing. The attacking mid really helps this
Unless you mean that you mix it up and change strategy and use shouts all the time, then of course you play a certain style. Do you play on the counter, play a slow approach , high tempo, through the middle, down the flanks etc ?

I'd vouche for using poachers. I play 433 with a lone striker, but I do think a lot of the goals come from 2 decent wide men and a good DLP.

Any striker can score goals but they need decent service from the players round them. I normally have a poacher surrounded by good passers and playmakers, but I have got goals using a targetman as well.