While The Sky Is Blue - A Coventry City Story

davegutt0512

Reaction score
I have been away from FM stories for about a year now and I have decided its time to start another after a couple of fairly successful attempts last year. I have supported Coventry City all my life and been a season ticket holder for 18 years and counting.... Lets hope we can have some success in the virtual world of Football.

Enjoy and any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

View attachment 241542

While The Sky Is Blue - A Coventry City Story

View attachment 241541
A pretty solid pre-season, we didn't play against great teams but we scored 16 goals in our 4 wins and narrowly lost against higher league opposition in Birmingham City, I got all my transfer business done early and the whole squad got plenty of game time ready for the new season.

View attachment 241540
Unfortunately one of our best players in John Fleck left for Hull but for a club in an abysmal financial state 1.3 million gets accepted before I had a say in the matter.

I am happy with my intake bringing in some promising players from championship clubs, I think Zach Clough will be a massive player for me this season, Bastos came in with bags of potential as I beat some higher league clubs to his signature.

Next updates fixtures .....

View attachment 241539

View attachment 241538

August

View attachment 241537

Dominated the match throughout but gave up a late goal from a defensive mistake

View attachment 241536
Action packed game that ended up with a 7-6 victory on Pens, Crystal Palace in the 2nd round

View attachment 241535
An even game settled by a late second half corner

View attachment 241534
Got what we deserved with 2 late goals to pick up 3 points, dominated throughout

View attachment 241533
A game settled in the space of 2 minutes from our new on loan striker

View attachment 241532
Was always going to be difficult against Premier League opposition, they made things look simple

View attachment 241531
Another nice win to finish the month unbeaten in the league.

View attachment 241530
We finish the month only behind top spot on GD, I didn't expect to have come out of the blocks so strongly.

View attachment 241529
After deciding not to follow recommendation and end him out on loan, the youngster has fit perfectly into the team making 3 apps, picking up 4 assists with an average rating of 7.50

Next updates fixtures ......

View attachment 241528

View attachment 241362

September

View attachment 241361
Easy away win picked up here and we draw Exeter at home in the 2nd round

View attachment 241360
Another pretty comfortable match, we ran them ragged in the first half and that was enough for all 3 points

View attachment 241357
I expected a tougher game than we got here, they rolled over and we dominated the whole match

View attachment 241356
This was a tight game away at free spending Bury, Tudgay did the damage with 2 tidy headers in the first half

View attachment 241355
I was ecstatic to pick up the win away to the title favourites, they dominated but we got the goal.

View attachment 241354
It was a shame to lose here, as our run of 9 straight wins came to and end, we didn't deserve the points though

View attachment 241353
Sitting 3 points clear at the top, I certainly didn't expect this, not this season anyway.

View attachment 241347
Originally brought in on loan as cover for the first team he has made him self undropable now, Scoring 4 goals and 5 assists in 10 apps with an average rating of 7.38

Next Updates Fixtures ........

View attachment 241345

View attachment 240371

October

View attachment 240369
Two quick goals late on took all 3 points

View attachment 240368
Some of the fringe players got a run out and we dominated the lower league side and we draw Yeovil in the QF

View attachment 240367
Inspired performance from on loan Ismail as he nets a Hatrick

View attachment 240365
A disappointing result at bottom of the league Gillingham

View attachment 240364
A dominant away performance at high flying Colchester

View attachment 240362
An even game until Vincelot's dismissal after that we just couldn't hang on

View attachment 240361
Still sitting at the top of league after a pretty solid month however Wigan close the gap

View attachment 240360
On loan Clough netted 4 goals in 4 Apps this month with an average rating of 7.41

Next Updates Fixtures ....

View attachment 240359

View attachment 240284

November

View attachment 240283
Disappointing result against an out of form Oldham

View attachment 240280
Pretty simple win in the FA cup with some of the fringe players getting a run out, We draw Luton in the next round

View attachment 240279
A late goal rescues a point in a poor performance against 9 man Blackpool

View attachment 240278
Another bad performance in the league where we were dominated throughout

View attachment 240267
Another game we didn't perform however we did manage to win through on penalties, Swindon in the Semis

View attachment 240266
A poor game around to round off a poor run of form

View attachment 240265
We lost ground in the league due to our bad run of form and drop behind both Wigan and Millwall in the table

View attachment 240264
Thomas continued to put some solid performances in despite a bad run

Next Updates Fixtures.....

View attachment 240263