bjkat81

Reaction score
What does this actually mean in terms of our tactics? From the description in the game, I can't imagine why this wouldn't be a good thing. But what does this mean in terms of sliders, what does this actually change in the game? Thanks.

Well, i had imense succes with this type of crosses in my Sampdoria save. I played a 5-3-2 (3CB-2WB-1DM-2MC-2ST). I used 1 striker as Deel Lying Forward and the other was Advanced Forward. I played a counter - attacking football style and since I had pacey strikers, Whipped Crosses was incredibly efficient.

1. First thing you should know about Whipped Crosses is that you need fast and pacey striker/s for this to be effective.
2. You need to have at least 2 players attacking the box. Not necessarly 2 strikers, but IF's, AMC, whatever, but you need 2 players. Why ? Well, the way this worked for me was as it follows. My WB's crossed, the AF had a shot directly at goal, GK punches it away (when my AF didnt score), and then my DLF came from behind and scored that ball the GK punched away.
3. I also noticed that this type of crosses work well when you have Play Wider instruction because it gives your players more space to cross and run onto the ball crossed. If you play a narrow tactic, overload the midfield, then Whipped Crosses would be very effective because there is no space for your strikers to run onto the ball, nor your wingers / wing-backs to make a proper whipped cross.

Hope this helped.

Thanks, that helps a lot. I was trying to whip crosses into Lambert. Wasn't working out too well.

Thanks, that helps a lot. I was trying to whip crosses into Lambert. Wasn't working out too well.

Yea, because Lambert is a fairly slow player. Try to Whip Crosses to a player like Sturridge or Simone Zaza, they will rek the opposition.