Who are some managers that implement attractive football

aldorain

Banned
Reaction score
for example Wenger, AF and Owen Coyle who all implement a pass and move style. So is there anymore or is hoof ball the way to go

Josep Guardiola, Arsene Wenger, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle, Sir Alex Ferguson, Andre Villas Boas. There's loads.

Attractive football is subjective, some people think route one football is attractive.

I personally think that Arsenal is the only team that plays attractive football in the Prem. And I think the attractive styles of play are in Argentina, Spain, Brazil, and other Latin American countries. Maybe Holland and Portugal. Also, I don't think ManU play attractive football. They usually play a very good team game based around hard-working, athletic, fit players (Park, Giggs, Rooney, etc.) some physical players in the midfield, a poaching goal scorer (Van Nistelrooy, now Berbatov), and a creative player (Ronaldo, now Nani). They usually rely on pace and the counter-attack to punish teams that play too offensively. They're very efficient and it's a great system but I wouldn't call them attractive, especially in the Champions League. That's just my opinion though and it's totally subjective, but I'm sure a lot of people will get ****** off reading it.

I really admire Guardiola and Wenger because they want to play attractive football no matter what, even if it costs them results. Or Valdano, who would fire a manager if they won if it was a boring on the field product (Capello). It's too bad the Mourinho's and Benitez's of the game are what's common these days, and at the end of the day, the tactical managers usually can win, especially if it's a two-legged draw. But can they develop players? Often times they can't.

Last edited:
Luciano Spalletti is a hero. :wub:

Also, Arrigo Sacchi.

Attractive football is subjective, some people think route one football is attractive.

I personally think that Arsenal is the only team that plays attractive football in the Prem. And I think the attractive styles of play are in Argentina, Spain, Brazil, and other Latin American countries. Maybe Holland and Portugal. Also, I don't think ManU play attractive football. They usually play a very good team game based around hard-working, athletic, fit players (Park, Giggs, Rooney, etc.) some physical players in the midfield, a poaching goal scorer (Van Nistelrooy, now Berbatov), and a creative player (Ronaldo, now Nani). They usually rely on pace and the counter-attack to punish teams that play too offensively. They're very efficient and it's a great system but I wouldn't call them attractive, especially in the Champions League. That's just my opinion though and it's totally subjective, but I'm sure a lot of people will get ****** off reading it.

I really admire Guardiola and Wenger because they want to play attractive football no matter what, even if it costs them results. Or Valdano, who would fire a manager if they won if it was a boring on the field product (Capello). It's too bad the Mourinho's and Benitez's of the game are what's common these days, and at the end of the day, the tactical managers usually can win, especially if it's a two-legged draw. But can they develop players? Often times they can't.
I agree with this sorry but virtually all teams in the UK don't play attractive football they play effective football and have individual players who play attractive football there is a difference.

Antoine Kombouare. Manager of PSG.

Has exploited fluid football in the 4-4-2 brilliantly this year.

Im guessing Tony Pulis wont be mentioned to often on here.

99% of you will have never heard of him, but Ange Postecoglou. Brisbane play some sexy stuff in the A-league. It quite refreshing really. It is the kind of thing that needs to happen for the league to grow. But I wish the FFA would get up of their **** and do some advertising. They have a billionaire president (Frank Lowy)...

Last edited:
Pep Guardiola maybe With that team the only way is attack!
Wenger,Martinez,Coyle,Sir Alex and Holloway all spring to mind with attacking football

Redknapp for Spurs in the Champions League has produced some exciting football to watch.

Spurs ethic has always been to try to entertain since Arthur Rowes time as manager in the 50's with the push and run tactic. Bill Nicholson followed this on.

90s Keegan. Not strictly the most attractive (although I find possession play dull), but definitely up there for excitement and entertainment.

paulo sousa is another one in my opinion who trys to get his teams to play "the beautiful game"