Who are the best clubs to have as a feeder club?

Ocho Cinco99

Reaction score
I have recently been trusted by my board to pick a feeder club, does anyone have any ideas for what club to select?

The biggest, highest ranking and most expensive cause they will have better players that u can get.

I would probs say Southampton. Good team but not amazing, so will stay around the championship and they have really good youth so you can poach their players for cheaper. Everyone I have sent has gotten good game time.

teams that have good training grounds and youth facilities, like Leeds. :)

leeds
notts forest
middlesbrough
rangers
celtic
inverness
hearts
crystal palace
derby

The best ones are good training facilities, in division slightly worse then your own. So Championship sides, SPL. You could go Continental like Steaua Bucharest or Gent as then your players will get some Europa League or possibly Champions League games.

Gotta look at two things:

1. Facilities. Obviously, the better facilities, the better feeder club.

2. How competetive the league is. You dont want to go too crazy here , your players need to be able to estabilish themselves as first squad choices. There are two schools : **** league but with possibility to play in european competitions, or solid league where they'd have to work hard every day. Personally i believe its best to send my young talents to leagues where they will be exposed to decent opponents on week by week basis, rather then sending them to **** leagues just because the club will get 3-4 games a year with quality opponents via european cups.

This is why i generally prefer Championship clubs as feeders. Decent opponents all year round, stadiums are generally packed so players will get used to playing under pressure ( i have no idea if it actually matters , but IRL it sure would - you just have to do your best if there's 20.000 people chanting your name. ).

Last edited:
Only going by my save three seasons in but thought I would give another side to chosing a feeder here. Depends on the agreement you choose - feeders are best for training and giving game time to your youngsters, but there is also the first option on players to take into account.

That said, middlesbrough and chivas have produced some crazy good regens in my game - Chivas in three seasons 8 3.5 star potential regens for a side expected to win the premier league and boro 4 4 star potentials.

Another important thing is your regen's nationality. If you found promising regen in some hut village on the other side of the world, he will usually have some adaptation problems. After spending 1-2 seasons in Championship, apart from practising footballing skils, he will also learn english , which should make future adaptation into your PL team much easier.

My brentford save just had a board take over but they did not give me any extra funds...yet! However this is my 4th season & i am doing pretty well...1st in EPL (albeit by 1 point over man city) and just entering 1st KO round in champs league :)
My squad is very young and i have a few potential wonderkid regens sitting around not getting any decent 1st team action...i think i will send them to a championship side but is it easy to send them over once i arrange a feeder club?

Ajax or Sporting Lisbon...I managed to get them on my corrupted save with Juventus.Both have amazing youth facilities in the game and IRL and produce wonderkids but,i could only get 1st option for Sporting...still great.

I've got Lens, Genk and Crewe. Genk for the work permits, Lens for their ridiculously good facilities, and Crewe for their good facilities + sending players on loan.

Don't forget the staff as well. Not as important if you just want to poach youngsters, but when you expect your loanees to get playing time you'll want them to perform well and have good morale, so decent motivating and tactical knowledge for the manager, and coaching staff is just as important as training facilities for their improvement.

any lower team that have top of the range training facilities or good ones for your young players

In my save argentine club Lanus seem to produce some high quality regens.
I also noticed that a good number of these have italian second nationality which means they do not require work permits to play in UK leagues.