Who are you managing first on FM23?

Im going with Ferencvaros for my first save.

My beloved Stockport County. After 11 years in non league, I can finally have an immediate crack at the Football League. Only 3 promotions instead of the 4 and 5 I’ve been accustomed to!

I did a BETA save with Newcastle - and I'm pretty annoyed...

I've been sacked! Now, maybe it's just me - but I think it's fair to say Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Spurs would be expected to finish above Newcastle (the media prediction of 7th confirms this). I was 7th, only behind those teams - had got to the Qtr Final of the League Cup, only to lose on Pens to Man Utd, and was in the 4th Round of the FA Cup - and they sacked me.

Does the calibre of players you sign adjust the expectations? I made some pretty good signings - Tielemans, Gakpo, Ibrahimovic, Torreira, Bastoni - so maybe they expected more because of the names I'd signed. But, I also think it's a bit snide!

Stockport but got sacked in March 2023 and now I'm at Rochdale beat them in the Papa Johns Trophy group stage 4-2 on pens

IFK Göteborg from start of FM23 to start of FM24

Sampdoria. The Blucherati have survived on the genius of Fabio Quagliarella and his evergreen goalscoring abilities, as well as the tactical nous of Claudio Ranieri, a man who can get the best out of an average set of players.

"Lanna discussed Sampdoria’s economic issues and the state of the situation when he took over last year.

“I did it out of passion and love for Samp and I am happy, but every day is hard and not easy. We are waiting for buyers, yes. When I arrived I was assured that by June, avoiding relegation, they would arrive.

“We are in October. At the moment the money is not there. From what I know, the Arabs will put it in. Then, maybe they won’t arrive or they will arrive who knows when, I can’t know. We are doing everything we can, almost at zero cost, to stay upright.”

Lanna added that he was confident that the Qatari bid, reportedly led by member of the royal family Khalid Faleh al Thani, would be completed.

“I wonder: why is this circus being put on if they don’t want to buy the club? To get publicity? It wouldn’t make sense. So I am confident. My model for a president is Mantovani.

“A refined, classy person, someone who built a family-sized Samp, people who still love each other and hang out after years. One who never raised his voice and had style.”

Sampdoria have been thrust into difficulty following the arrest of previous president Massimo Ferrero, who was the focus of ongoing investigations into corporate crimes and bankruptcy."

So, to manage Samp, with no find, a potential takeover looking and a squad heavily reliant on a man at the twilight of his career is certainly a challenge. Keeping them up in Serie A would be a massive achievement.

I will start in my home country managing MŠK Žilina. Then i would like to move to different club. So from Zero to Hero save or how would you call it

Starting on a Bournemouth Beta save and will see where it goes from there

Waiting until full release to start my journey with Wrexham

Tried a Brazilian game, it's looking interesting after 7 games ;)
Skærmbillede 2022-11-05 kl. 23.20.10.png

I'll do my usual Arsenal beta save.

I usually do an Aston Villa one to get used to it and then go for Lichfield City (my hometown club from Step Ten) but good luck being better than Arteta atm! ;)

Saka, Martinelli and Saliba are unbelievable. Jesus is a very reliable goalscorer. Squad is very good overall just the bench needs improving like real life. You can get top 4 easy first season and challenge for the title in the 2nd mobdro .

Last edited: