Who buys football jerseys?

• Thread starter Thread starter Stetchkov
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6K
Getting the new man united kit get it every year, But it hasn't being released yet.

Going to get Chicharito and his number when I find out what it is

I buy whichever new Chelsea jersey is out every Season,got 5 so far:)

I'll alwaya buy the Rangers shirt if I like it, just don't care enought to bother to get an Airdrie kit. I will admit though, I like different kits, and I have a collection of about 10-20 kits.

I used to collect shirts when I was younger, now I just buy Kingstonian shirts & one's that look funky... 75% of my stuff is at where I used to live in Devon so I'll just note down the ones I definately remember having:

Kingstonian, home - 2000/2001

Kingstonian, home - 2009/2010

Kingstonian, away - 2003/2004 (currently bidding for on ebay)

St. Etienne, home - dunno the season, kind of recent... I'm also wearing this right now lol...

Fenerbache, away - dunno the season I think it's 07/08 or 08/09 (white with yellow hoops)

Republic of Ireland, home - world cup 2002

Republic of Ireland, training - world cup 2002

Manchester United, home - 2007/2008 with Paddy #3 printed on the back & CL arm logo's

Manchester United, GK - 1997/1998 (the trippy black & green one)

Brazil, home - 2005/2006

Holland, home - 2005/2006

Barcelona, home - quite old... I think it's one from when Mark Hughes was there

Newcastle Unietd - I think this one is 1995ish

England, GK - dunno the year possibly 1997ish... it's the black one with light blue lightning-esque stripes down it

Leeds United, away - early 90's... blue & yellow stripes, this shirt is waaay to small for me now lol

PSV Eindhoven, home - 2007ish

there's more but i cant quite remeber them right now.

off topic: I miss the days when i used to throw tantrums cos my mum wouldn't let me wear my football kit to weddings etc. Mum "you have to wear your best shirt"
Me "I'm 9. This is my best shirt"

On topic: I think framing shirts is a good idea actually. I missed out on buying a signed messi shirt like 5 years ago. £100. Worth a lot more now :(.

http://www.framinglegends.co.uk/match-worn-shirts-c-1_17.html
^ bit expensive. But id like to have a collection of stuff like this one day

I've preordered the new Arsenal home shirt and will probably buy Northampton's home shirt soon.

Dont take this the wrong way but your american? people where your from buy american football and baseball, basketball, ice hockey shirts right? You got to realise that we have had football in england since the 1800s. In the US is only recently really youve had soccer as big as it is now. Football is a massive passion in this country and buying the shirts is almost relegion. Its probably the same for american sports fans as well. If you havnt got the latest shirt, your not supporting your team for that year? Some people where old shirts if their club had a really successful year that season.

Shirts are expensive nowadays with name and number and badges it comes to around £50 per shirt. Some people will buy home and away shirts and some clubs have 3rd kits so £150 and its nothing. Not sure in $ what that is but im guessing expensive. In the UK if your trying to save money you only buy the home shirt or the 1 out of 2/3 you like best.

Collectable yes, All 30 odd nations shirts would be a fantastic investment i think for in 20/30/40/50 years time.

How its Scotland not New Zealand oO)oO)

We are part of the same island

Scotlands just down the road from England

Scotland is not down the road from London.
Scotland is down the road if you live in Carlisle

The last time I bought a Liverpool top was the 2004/05 season and we all know how that ended...

So I may have to invest again...

And if I do I wouldn't get anybody on the back as I wouldn't want to jinx them.
(When I got Owen he left the season after; Cisse double leg break ouch!)

#you'llneverwalkalone.

i have the same jinx as you lol when i got shevchenko on the back he was just a major flop and last season i got joe cole and his left on a free transfer

i have the same jinx as you lol when i got shevchenko on the back he was just a major flop and last season i got joe cole and his left on a free transfer

So if I get Mark Wright on my shirt...... (H)

it's immature to wear footy shirts? o.0 i wear them all the time..heh

I collect footy shirts got absolutly loads, the more random the better! I also get an Everton shirt every year

Yea I don't feel too old to wear football shirts and I'm 25, although I mostly just buy foriegn teams red kits for 5 a side football.

Scotland is not down the road from London.
Scotland is down the road if you live in Carlisle

well in the context Calum put it, ie in comparison to NZ it is literally down the road.

and if your gunna be a picky **** Scotlands up the road from Carlisle

it's immature to wear footy shirts? o.0 i wear them all the time..heh

not immature just you cant really pull off wearing a football top down to the pub on a random night unless you wanna look scummy.

well in the context Calum put it, ie in comparison to NZ it is literally down the road.

and if your gunna be a picky **** Scotlands up the road from Carlisle

not immature just you cant really pull off wearing a football top down to the pub on a random night unless you wanna look scummy.

heh, depends where ya live i guess and it also depends on what team you support. In my area, the scummy lot are those who wear manchester united shirts.. but that's understandable as you can throw a stone in any direction and be garuanteed to hit one of the man united supporters hehe

Back