Who do you think is the best passer ever to grace the game?

Considering i'm not old enough to remember the likes of Platini , Zidane , Maradona etc i'll just give examples of modern day player's.

Xavi , Iniesta , Alonso , Pirlo , Beckham , Riquelme , the list goes on............................

Johnny Haynes- Pelé was once quoted as calling Haynes the "best passer of the ball I've ever seen"

Last edited:
Beckham, Pirlo, Zidane, Figo, Alonso, Iniesta.

None of them match to: 2nd. Xavi, 1ST. SCHOLES - greatest passer, he done passes xavi could only dream of.

Alonso must be close especially in the 08/09 season he was fanatastic

Xavi by a mile lol

surprisingly Wayne rooney has really good long ball accuaracy but no where near xavi

Paul Scholes is the best passer i have ever seen. His range of passing is just ridiculous. Can pick up pass from anywhere.

When it comes to short passing, then Xavi and Scholes. Can't separate them.

Also Pirlo who has been excellent for years.

Scholes
Pirlo/Xavi

Non bias view = Xavi

Bias view = Robbie Savage ;)

No-one can pass a ball better than Xavi. You only need to look at his passing stats irl to see it, he's always by far the man with the most passes in a game. In the El Clasico (the 5-0 destruction of Real) did he not get something like 110+ passes? :eek:

Johnny Haynes

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

No-one can pass a ball better than Xavi. You only need to look at his passing stats irl to see it, he's always by far the man with the most passes in a game. In the El Clasico (the 5-0 destruction of Real) did he not get something like 110+ passes? :eek:

Xavi made over 600 passes at the world cup. Considering that is a max of 7 games then yeah, he is friggin awesome