Who do you want to win the 2018 world cup bid? who do you think will get it?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K

Ramires

Reaction score
My question to you guys is this. Who do you want to win the 2018 world cup bid? And also, who do you think will get the 2018 world cup bid? For those of you unaware, the 4 remaining bids are Holland/Belgium, England, Spain/Portugal and Russia. A brief outline of the bids:

England - So I can go over for a game or two.

Spain - Having their recent international success, club level successes and such will provide a boost. However it does look like the economy could collapse in Spain, so they may want to avoid it.

Really don't want England to get it the traffic and insane amount of tourists will drive me insane, although I wouldn't mind seeing a game or two ;)

Surely everyone English will say England? Same goes for Russians, Belgians, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese people.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Really don't want England to get it the traffic and insane amount of tourists will drive me insane, although I wouldn't mind seeing a game or two ;)

I stand corrected :)

I hope Russia get it, obviously would love England to but I think it's great to see the World Cup branching out into pastures new and Russia is a cracking country which will have a big role to play in club and international football in the future.

I hope for Holland/Belgium so I can go see Spain play.

If not them I hope England since that's not too far from Belgium either so I could go watch a game too.

England, we could use the boost to our economy, and we need it more than russia do!

I want England to get it.

But think Spain/Portugal will get it.

Russia will get it. And, TBH, that's the best option I think. The controversy with England's bid has really damaged it.. Spains economy, as has been said, is about to collapse. Holland/Belgium isn't a bad option, it has to be said. I'd like it if England did get it, it'd boost the economy, it'd bring in a lot of tourists, etc, but even though we need it, it'd be awesome to watch the World Cup when it's in Russia, I think.

Have you seen the stadiums Russia are going to build? They are immense!

If it were down to stadiums/infrastructure/transport - We'd be able to hold it tomorrow if we wanted to. However it is all down to politics nowadays unfortunately and I cannot help that our media have well and truly ruined this bid for us.

Russia will get it. If you don't side with the judges then you don't get it, not only have we not sided with them, we have exposed them as frauds.

Well done English media, you have done it again. Never fail to disappoint.

European Money crisis ... Portugal almost bankrupt, spain its closest country, and the Euro in need of a boost.

If it doesn't go to spain/port I'll be extremely amazed!

European Money crisis ... Portugal almost bankrupt, spain its closest country, and the Euro in need of a boost.

If it doesn't go to spain/port I'll be extremely amazed!

Why would you want it in a country where the economy is on the verge of collapse?

Want it in England, and genuinely believe we have the best bid, except for our media :(

There's no question that our bid's the best, FIFA marked it 100% in almost every section, but that's not what it comes down to nowadays.

I have a feeling, England will win, but I think it will be Russia

A part of me wants it in England: 1. Home advantage, 2. Possible to travel to some games easily.

But the tourism involved would drive me insane, no doubt.

Back