Who do you want to win the 2018 world cup bid? who do you think will get it?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K
Yeah but the money to bring it hear is coming out of our money.

I off course hope for Holland/Belgium, but I think it'll be Spain/Portugal or Russia.

Not England, I'd rather we get to host it when we are ready to actually challenge for the tournemant. If we got it in 2018 we still wouldn't be in fit shape to go all the way in my opinion. If we wait until English football has sorted itself and bid then, we will have a real chance of winning it, rather than wasting our bid now when it won't make a difference because we don't have the right mindset to win it.

(It made more sense it my head)

If Russia get it, it will be nothing short of a disgrace.

FIFA have an anti-racism campaign in motion. Let us reward a racist nation with the world cup.

And before anyone states I am tarnishing a whole nation, the vast majority of their grounds have had racist incidents in the last 2 years with the Peter Odimwingie (spell?) the most notorious.

After watching Panorama I was shocked that such an important organisation as FIFA can be so corrupt. It's not just the transactions that happened that surprised me, more the way Sepp Blatter seems happy to accommodate these practices to the point of criticising journelists who are merely helping him do part of his job, make FIFA fit for purpose.

With the large amount of wealthy individuals and high corruption rating I would think that Russia seems to be a dead cert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_Map_Index_of_perception_of_corruption_2010.svg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11866165

---- edit

If Russia get it, it will be nothing short of a disgrace.

FIFA have an anti-racism campaign in motion. Let us reward a racist nation with the world cup.

And before anyone states I am tarnishing a whole nation, the vast majority of their grounds have had racist incidents in the last 2 years with the Peter Odimwingie (spell?) the most notorious.

I certainly agree that awarding Russia with the world cup, despite these issues would send out the wrong message. I'm not sure russia getting the world cup being a disgrace, you can't punish the country for a minority.

Last edited:
England, simple
Then again I wouldnt mind Russia, but first choice England :)

Back