Reaction score
For me it's been Edinson Cavani. I spent £19.75mil to bring him to Fulham in my 2nd season. He never settled in London and he scored only 2 goals in 31 games, with an average rating of 6.26 :'(
I sold him to Genoa after his 1 poor season for £10.5mil... Now hes banging in the goals.:mad:

Never ever had Cavani struggle for me. My biggest flops are Manuel Neuer (FM 2011) and Mario Balotelli

Haha, that is truly bad..but I must say, it also depends on where you play him, what role you give him etc...so it's party down to the manager :p

Mine must be Ganso, bought him twice on 2 different saves. He's ok, gets about 7 or 8 assists and a couple of goals a season, which doesn't justify his extremely high price.

Another one would be Lukaku, never got him to work in maybe 4 different saves, always ends up in my reserves.

Bought Neymar for 56m and he scores 9 goals in two seasons and 11 assist in all competitions over 2 seasons

cavani for my has never scored less than 25+ a season for me on any save where and how did you play him!! but mine is kagawa for spurs he cost me 30 mil and utter waste of money

So far for me is Romulo. for his 10.5 millions i paid 2nd season in my Gladbach save, his average rating of 6.40 is kinda bad. Well i guess he only got around 2 months since he came, so hoping for the best in the future.

So far for me is Romulo. for his 10.5 millions i paid 2nd season in my Gladbach save, his average rating of 6.40 is kinda bad. Well i guess he only got around 2 months since he came, so hoping for the best in the future.

Let us know if he keeps up his poor form :p

cavani for my has never scored less than 25+ a season for me on any save where and how did you play him!! but mine is kagawa for spurs he cost me 30 mil and utter waste of money

I play him as a target man in a 4-5-1 formation. I did switch to 4-2-3-1 after a while, but he didn't perform any better lol.
Im surprised Kagawa cost you so much oO)

Mario Balotelli and Antoine Griezmann, even though Balotelli was brilliant for me in FM 2009, but flopped badly in FM 2012. And i signed Antoine Griezmann for 20 million in the first season, i had big hopes for him but he never justified his price tag.

Definitely has to be Falcao in FM 11, spent 16m on him he barely did anything the entire season. I must admit it was a bit of a panic buy.

Shola Ameobi. Spent all my budget with Reading on him. He got 1 goal in 26 apps!

my biggest flop was balottelli i managed to sign him in paris and he only scored 5 goals in 30 games... i sold him for half the buying price =.=

i brought idriss saadi for west brom for 5 million once my scout, watched him about 6 times before i made the bid 4 star pot and said he gonna be better then all my strikers, agreed to sign in january sent the same scout to watch him again, 1 and half star pot, so i loaned him out to coventry for 3 seasons till his contract went out he even struggled their!
i think this being my worst flop shows i am a decent buyer but i do over pay alot for players who give me average ratings
santon 17 million 6.99 and etienne capoue 15 million 6.92, hardly worth the price but not really flops

Mine was Andy Carroll. No surprises there. I didn't need him really but he scored 1 goal in 4 seasons and that was against UTD in a FA CUP final. Now he plays for West Brom is their top scorer mid season with 4 goals. lol

so was i but he was awful the close second was pastore on the same save i was not happy i was romping the league yet when i bought them 2 it all went to s***e

Mario Balotelli and Antoine Griezmann, even though Balotelli was brilliant for me in FM 2009, but flopped badly in FM 2012. And i signed Antoine Griezmann for 20 million in the first season, i had big hopes for him but he never justified his price tag.

Antoine Griezmann is a class winger i had him for man city and he was immense. but Balotelli is hit and miss scores a hat full of goals one minute the next none

i haven't really had any flops... 14 seasons in one 1 save and my worst one i made 5m profit on so i can't complain...