Who have been the under/overperformers and your nemesis in your save? + discussion

wagend

Reaction score
I'm on the 16/17 season now as Newcastle and happily challenging to the latter stages of all the competitions. Ill post more details of my team seperately.

Chelsea have been my nemesis, Mourinho is as good on this as real life and he is the only person to consistently take points away from me. I even came up with a whole new tactical system just to try and beat him but to little success.

Fulham, Cardiff, Wigan, Villa, Everton and Southampton have all been very poor, either being relegated and repromoted then relegated again or hovering around the relegation zone.

Watford stand out for me as massive overachievers. They came up first season and have been challenging for the euro cup and really pushing the big boys. They've struggled more this season after being raided of some of their top players and dropped to mid table. They sacked their manager and I viewed the job advert and the ambition was for Champions League qualification. I almost want to loan then Grealish again just to post a screenshot of Watford in the CL lol
Hull (Shane Long being Messi in disguise) and Norwich (thanks to John Ruddy being a brick wall) have also done pretty well, securing safe midtable spots.

Out of the Big Boys, Arsenal have been true to life, pushing up to christmas then falling to pieces. As I said, Chelsea have really become the team to beat and the only team to beat me to the title. Ive ended up against them in the final of the CL, FA cup and League cup and they're right behind me in the EPL. Willian, Oscar and Ramires have all been monstrous and Willian scores against me for fun. Hazard hasn't quite been the player I expected and David Luiz has been true to life and gifted me a draw on more than one occasion. Liverpool and Tottenham have both been hit and miss ending up 7th and 8th last season but they've in 3rd and 4th this time round. Liverpool are vacuuming up all the young british talent and making my life hard, whereas Tottenham keep making big name signing who flop. Man United had a great first season only finishing 3rd beind me on goal difference, but the last couple of seasons they've struggled and not invested in their squad at all, with Rooney and RVP still their best players but at 32 and 34 they can't do everything. Man City had a terrible first season and half their squad requested transfers and they've struggled since.

Barcelona obviously. ******* midgets with their paki-spanish regens.

Also Fc Seoul. **** those guys. Bunch of ching chongs god damnit.

I'm not racist, my shadow is black.

With Dortmund I won 3 champions league in a row yet have not won the league apart from the first season. Its been 8 and Bayern always takes it :'(.

Last edited:
Just like real life Dortmund and Bayern are formidable. Dortmund have done really well, and they're refusing to sell any players. I offered 100 million for Werner for a laugh and they declined it. Reus is on a £29.5m release clause and I'm tempted to buy him but I'm not sure how he'll adapt to the EPL. Bayern have a team of absolute superstars and they've beaten me in the CL a couple of times. Most of their players won't leave and play for anyone else, and they're getting some awesome regens through...who also won't jump ship to my youth academy.

Just like real life Dortmund and Bayern are formidable. Dortmund have done really well, and they're refusing to sell any players. I offered 100 million for Werner for a laugh and they declined it. Reus is on a £29.5m release clause and I'm tempted to buy him but I'm not sure how he'll adapt to the EPL. Bayern have a team of absolute superstars and they've beaten me in the CL a couple of times. Most of their players won't leave and play for anyone else, and they're getting some awesome regens through...who also won't jump ship to my youth academy.

Every single season I smirk when I see my youth intake at Dortmund only to take a look at Bayern's and stop playing for the day.

I've always wanted to create a save in the Bundesliga but never got round to it especially as the reserve system wasn't like it is in the EPL. It was always a 2 horse race for me, although in real life at the moment it's my favorite league. The attacking football, the loyalty to clubs and the passion of the fans is the best in the world for me.

What kind of football have you got your Dotmund team playing? My current Newcastle vision was inspired by Dortmund and Liverpool, (possesion and closing down but not as direct or overload as dortmund and playing a false nine over Liverpool's poacher)

Would you recommend Reus? His report comes back as amazing but I play wide Advanced Playmakers and I'm not sure how he'd take to it. I've currently got Grealish and Gauld out there doing a great job but they're both quite poor with staminda.

With Dortmund I won 3 champions league in a row yet have not won the league apart from the first season. Its been 8 and Bayern always takes it :'(.

8 seasons in a row and you still haven't rage quit? I want proof.

Bundesliga - History - Past winners - Screenshot - Upload here.

Would you recommend Reus? His report comes back as amazing but I play wide Advanced Playmakers and I'm not sure how he'd take to it. I've currently got Grealish and Gauld out there doing a great job but they're both quite poor with staminda.

For some dumb reason Reus is MASSIVELY underrated on FM. If you're making a new save make sure you boost his stats to a realistic state.

Last edited:
For a team.. Bayern Munich are my arch nemesis, there so hard to beat because their team is genuinely formidable, easily the best in the game.