Who is the best box-to-box midfielder in the game?

monni50

Reaction score
I've been trying to add a classic box-to-box midfielder to my team but i'm finding it hard to find anyone with the potential to be as good as Lampard or Gerrard.

Who do you guys consider to be the best b-to-b midfielders in the game? Or who has the potential to be the next great b-to-b midfielder? Cheers!

Jordan Henderson!!!! he's quality on that role and adjust the run with the ball to often

Let's look for the balance stat midfield.

I think Sandro, Ross Barkley, Fellaini will make a good b2b :)

I've always used Fellaini & Sandro as either achors or ball winning midfielders, but definentely have to give it a try and see how they will performe as b-to-b. How about guys like Yaya Toure, Naiggolan, Javi Martinez & Ramires? Does anyone have any experience on them as b-to-b midfielders?

Javi Martinez is epic as B2B. Regardless of his stats being not quite world class, he is definetely consistently very good as if his stats were world class. Often averages 7.5+ over each season.

I've always used Fellaini & Sandro as either achors or ball winning midfielders, but definentely have to give it a try and see how they will performe as b-to-b. How about guys like Yaya Toure, Naiggolan, Javi Martinez & Ramires? Does anyone have any experience on them as b-to-b midfielders?

I use Fellaini as BWM too. But I think the balance stat is a requirement for B2B and Fellaini has what it takes. Sandro is a bit more on defense but shall be okay as well (if he can be on a good condition for the whole match).

another one is Scheweistiger (I don't know how to spell his name properly)
Ramires shall make a good one as well. (his stat is balanced)

Yohan Cabaye

35 games, 16 goals, 21 assists.

Thought people would over look this guy so ... Kasami from Fulham. He a quality little buy.

Scott Parker, Sandro, Yann Mvila, Moussa Sissoko also good option and Ramires.

Nice thread I think a lot of people struggle with box to box mids.

just to clarify something, the balance stat concerns strength to a degree, it refers to the likelihood of a player falling over or being able to ride a challenge without getting shrugged off the ball. Doesnt mean the balance between attack and defence - not sure if that is what was already being understood.

Don't forget Andre Ayew, he fits the B2B roll like a glove, i also use Milan Badelj as a stand-in for the role, he lacks some strength but i trained him for it and it seems to increase pretty fast and his performances are really consistented. Badelj is a must buy for me because he isn't expensive and he can pretty much fill any central midfielder role with the right training. Did i mention u can quadruple your investment within two years? :)

Need a relatively cheap but good, any suggestions?

Paul Pogba is a good shout cheap. Depends on how good he has developed.

I use Kwadwo Asamoah as my main B2B. Fantastic physical stats (all are 16-17 except jumping), good work rate and within 2 seasons of training he develops 14-16 in basicallly everything from dribbling to tackling.

I trained up Criestig, might be spelt wrong but what a legend to start with Kara a good cheap def mid. I have poli amd Mourtinho at the moment and they are working well. Though probably non of the players i have suggested are box to box, i dont play that way.

soz you want cheap. countleas regens... or moussa sissoko.