who should be my "Playmaker" and "TargetMan"?

emman23

Reaction score
im playing with 4-1-3-2, 3 is all Mid, a BWM , DLP and BBM( or CM)..then i have poacher and DLF

my question is what should be my combination?

should my playmaker is DLP and targetman my poach?

should my playmaker is DLP and targetman my DLF?

should my playmaker is DLF and targetman my poach?

what should be the combination? my DLP and DLF almost have the same passing and creativity. what is the most effective? what is the norm? im playing wigan 1st season

I have my dlp as playmaker and poacher as target man.

thanks!..so what will happen to my DLF? will he be less effective?...

Personally I like to only use one or the other, I feel like using both focuses too much on the two players. Depends on your team makeup though, if you have one mid who is a lot better than the others he should be the playmaker

Target Man

Think about what kind of football you want to play, what football you are indeed playing. Should the job of the target man be something different than the job of a normal target man ? Normally, he can be use to either run into the ball behind the fullbacks and then hold on to the ball until his team mates arrives, playing as an TM on attack. He could be used on support " to feet", him linking up with play, using one touch football and/or holding the ball.

Now, if you use a Trequartista or a Complete FC instead, then use him as the playmaker instead. Here, he will look to set up the attacks and make t-balls.

If using a poacher, you have chose to feed the ball to someone who will consider himself at the end if the move. He won't be linking up with the play, he won't try to drop deep and support the other players but instead go for goal him self.

In the end , it's all about how you want to play.

Playmaker.

Firstly, there is a difference between using a creative player, give him the role of a playmaker and actually setting him as the main playmaker and make him the focus of play.

The Deep Playmaker.
This player his a holding player acting from deep.Under what circumstances is it wise to use such a player?

Advanced Playmaker
Operates higher up in the pitch and moves forward. When do you want to use him ?

right now , 1st season my target man is a poacher, Kone(wigan) done well, 10 goals in 18. My playmaker is a DLP, he has an average rating, doesnt have many assist, but i think he breaks the defense well, then my DLF, is heleniucus, not scoring goals, but he makes treading through balls. Im currently 5th in EPL, my target is avoid relegation, semis now in Capital One.. I think im good in my set up, i just wanted to know how to get the best of my DLF and DLP.

Kone is playing well, injury prone, and now he's value is 10m, so i sold him to PSG at 14m 50% profit...YEY!!.. a Win, i guess

right now , 1st season my target man is a poacher, Kone(wigan) done well, 10 goals in 18. My playmaker is a DLP, he has an average rating, doesnt have many assist, but i think he breaks the defense well, then my DLF, is heleniucus, not scoring goals, but he makes treading through balls. Im currently 5th in EPL, my target is avoid relegation, semis now in Capital One.. I think im good in my set up, i just wanted to know how to get the best of my DLF and DLP.

Kone is playing well, injury prone, and now he's value is 10m, so i sold him to PSG at 14m 50% profit...YEY!!.. a Win, i guess

Do you mean thathe is regarded best as a poacher or that you have given him that role and then tricked the target man box and have chosen him/the poacher ?

What team are you? If your sitting 5th, then it's not broken, therefore doesn't need fixed.

My targetman( the instruction in team tactics, not individual roles) is ticked to my poacher, which is Kone. And my Playmaker is my Deep lying playmaker. My "Supply" is run onto ball.

Wigan is my team, 1st season, now im in january transfer window, i sold kone, though he's really playing well, i need to sell him bec. of injury prowness. In injuries history, he got 2 awful injuries that kept him at least 7 months. And because he's playing well, he's value sore up, and PSG offer 13.5m(upfront) + 50% profit. A win. then i bought Naupay, young but awesome stats.

I think it doenst really needed to be fixed, but i just want to get the best out of my set up. Now im 7th. Im in this high bec. schedule was really good in the 1st half. Now, my last five matches are, 2 wins , 2 draws 1 lose.

One thing i learn about the game(im a newbie) is, it is better to sell them on winter transfer in 1st season, bec. its hard to sell players at the beginning.