who to sign for man city 2nd season

• Thread starter Thread starter ja25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 3K
seriously mate you may as well have done a story

seriously mate you may as well have done a story

I might do. Or you can grow up and just not comment on FM-Base anymore. It's not for your stupid comments, it's to express my own views in the same type of position as him, and instead of creating a new thread, I just posted under his.

I might do. Or you can grow up and just not comment on FM-Base anymore. It's not for your stupid comments, it's to express my own views in the same type of position as him, and instead of creating a new thread, I just posted under his.

wow volatile... chill out kid... life's too short ;)

it was a serious suggestion, you put enough effort into that post, may as well have set up your own story

EDIT: or blog... as thats the new thing i keep hearing about

Tbh I reckon you've made a mess of the whole thing, start a new game and take a different approach to it, buy maybe one big player and use the rest on youths, and use a 4-1-2-1-2, thats what I have used at City and works cos everyone is in there right position except Johnson, Wright-Phillips etc but it keeps Toure, Milner, Barry and so on all in there right positions plus David Silva is a good AMC, id just buy one central defender, maybe Chiellini? Then that would be it

wow volatile... chill out kid... life's too short ;)

it was a serious suggestion, you put enough effort into that post, may as well have set up your own story

EDIT: or blog... as thats the new thing i keep hearing about

I had a blog, but I couldn't be bothered with it. It takes too much time of life to post for hardly anyone to read. More people have read that now than as much on my blog.

wow, u sold david silva for 10 mil ? why did u sold him ? Did u have some problem with him ?... only 'weak' links in ur team, in my opinion, are irland and r.dunne... you could buy pastore or hazard for irland, and adil ramy or bazaretti ror dunne.... and yea... give ur team some time to gel, u have only 4 players from man city original squad in first 11 :))

wow, u sold david silva for 10 mil ? why did u sold him ? Did u have some problem with him ?... only 'weak' links in ur team, in my opinion, are irland and r.dunne... you could buy pastore or hazard for irland, and adil ramy or bazaretti ror dunne.... and yea... give ur team some time to gel, u have only 4 players from man city original squad in first 11 :))

I'm not the same guy as the first original post on this thread btw :P I'm a different person just expressing myself with my Man City team too.

I sold David Silva because I'm trying to get rid of players £60k + wages, not to mention it was a popular decision with the fans funny enough. I'm trying to make Man City profitable.

wow... how did I miss that u 2 aint same guy xDDD .... Im blind xD... Wait xD u r trying to make city profitable, but w-why ? u have sheikh to worry about money xD :D

that has to be the strangest thing iv ever heard anyone do with man city of late...

but fair play, very original

that has to be the strangest thing iv ever heard anyone do with man city of late...

but fair play, very original

Lol. I'll answer the question above this and this. Firstly, I want to make Man City profitable because I support them and it's a challenge. I also like to see my favourite football club make profit because the owners could leave at anytime although it is unlikely, you never know.

You can think it is strange if you like haha. I just hate having loads of money because it means nothing when you win something, atleast with the side I am building it's worth winning something with as I've worked hard with it.

Lol. I'll answer the question above this and this. Firstly, I want to make Man City profitable because I support them and it's a challenge. I also like to see my favourite football club make profit because the owners could leave at anytime although it is unlikely, you never know.

You can think it is strange if you like haha. I just hate having loads of money because it means nothing when you win something, atleast with the side I am building it's worth winning something with as I've worked hard with it.

i very much like your trail of thought there, totally understand and respect your reasoning!

although a very ethical and detailed approach, are you enjoying what your doing?

it seems like a lot of work... especially with the pressure of the board, surely you could get under pressure if you don't deliver?

i very much like your trail of thought there, totally understand and respect your reasoning!

although a very ethical and detailed approach, are you enjoying what your doing?

it seems like a lot of work... especially with the pressure of the board, surely you could get under pressure if you don't deliver?

I could do, but Mancini didn't deliver any goods in Season 1 (January) when I took over (7th). I didn't set the world-a-light either (10th) and I've entered Season 2 with confidence despite knowing that I drop points easily due to a leak in the defence or goalkeeper however by finishing 10th and the Media Prediction being 5th it takes less pressure as I am aiming for Euro Cup anyway.

I do enjoy what I am doing, although it is very hard to do. I have tried it a few times before but have never been committed as it is a hard job, but I'm in Season 2 and I still don't have full control over my squad, or I don't feel anyway. I have players that are good, but why are they here again? And players over £60k wages which I will reduce.

I haven't yet delivered much since starting Season 2, Euro Cup I have taken easily, but I've dropped points to West Ham due to a leak somewhere which makes me conceed at the ends of games. I don't feel pressure, especially as I was offered a new contract in the summer which took alot of pressure off finishing 10th.

Overall it is tough, but it's a fun journey fixing your team to win things which don't come with a click of fingers and Arab's throwing money at you. I do get a high budget, however I get over most of this by reducing my Wage Budget and giving me more Transfer Budget as it makes players want less wages by about £5k. It is a good thing to do should you not get stressed too much and just "fomble" with your team to get results.

I'm not a good manager, I use the resources around me to get some of these good players but I just use knowledge and take a gamble on if they'll sign or not with the wage I am giving them along with a high Signing On Fee and Agent Fee. I also sign players and keep players I am a fan of in real life, apart from Suarez haha, but he was cheap.

Last edited:
Back