TJOzzy90

Reaction score
Just got the new FM, have played it since CM98 so am a keen player... I usually enjoy rising up the leagues. Plan to do a Forest Green save in the future but looking to start a bit further up.

Options are-

Watford, West Ham, Leicester- Looking at these 3 Leicester's team is actually really good, if you sold a few players also you'd be rolling in cash to spend and should have a slightly higher rep for bring in good young players, West Ham lacking a bit in areas but again room to improve, I like the look of Watford, If you could raise some cash the have a good nucleas their and lesser ambitions first season so less pressure.

Wolves, Fulham, Leeds, Forrest- Like it in The Championship and all of these teams have decent squads and also room for improvement going forward.

I reckon Wolves would be the best bet for the Championship sides, Forest are not quite ready for a promotion push in my view. As for the Premiership all three are likely to struggle West Ham are seriously low on the moral front even if Herandez scores shed loads, Leicester have decent players but like you say it maybe better to sell while you can and get some younsters to develop as to be honest outside the better players the rest of the squad isn't up to much. Not really had a look at Watford but their rep may work against you. Take a look at Southampton they have a decent youth set up and given a bit of luck will finish in the European places once again.

when you start from bottom start unemployed with lowest rep possible, and as many leagues loaded as your system can handle.

I've had my best save yet doing this, my first Job was at Llandudno in Wales, spent a year there and moved to Belarus to manage Lokomotiv Gomel, in my third season with them and looking to move on to a bigger club because my reputation increased because I got them promoted.
The club are skint and have no way of raising money, this means the board cant pay for coaching badges so I have to leave for my own development.
My preferred job would be a bigger club in Belarus, like BATE, Dinamo Minsk, Torpedo Schodsina or a controversial move down the road (its like 2 miles away) to FC Gomel.
Competing in Europe so early in my career would raise my reputation more to get the big jobs.
Its awesome

This actually sounds like an extremely challenging but fun way to play. since FM 2008 I have always started with Rangers or Toronto FC then tried other saves or challenges I've seen on boards. This year I started unemployed. Got the Sunderland job didn't get promoted signed for Stoke City finished one point off relegation resigned and got my dream job at Rangers and im actually enjoying it. I highly recommend what thehIGs idea or starting unemployed with different coaching levels and see where it takes you.

when you start from bottom start unemployed with lowest rep possible, and as many leagues loaded as your system can handle.

I've had my best save yet doing this, my first Job was at Llandudno in Wales, spent a year there and moved to Belarus to manage Lokomotiv Gomel, in my third season with them and looking to move on to a bigger club because my reputation increased because I got them promoted.
The club are skint and have no way of raising money, this means the board cant pay for coaching badges so I have to leave for my own development.
My preferred job would be a bigger club in Belarus, like BATE, Dinamo Minsk, Torpedo Schodsina or a controversial move down the road (its like 2 miles away) to FC Gomel.
Competing in Europe so early in my career would raise my reputation more to get the big jobs.
Its awesome