Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Milan Jovanovic

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
Value for Money = Chamakh + Cole
Best Signing = David Silva
Best Spot = Javier Hernandez (98% unkown in this country, snapped up by Fergie relatively cheap, had a great WC and is now worth atleast 2-3m more than he was when United bought him already IMO)

Best

Javier Hernandez to Manchester United

David Silva to us

Nedum Onouha to Sunderland

David Villa to Barcelona

Miroslav Stoch to Fenerbahce (Great income)

Worst

Ricardo Carvalho to Real Madrid

Alexander Kolarov to us (from what i've seen)

Chris Smalling to Manchester United (Gave away a penalty on his debut, and doesn't look the best, good in the air though, not worth 7M)

I disagree that Chamakh and Joe Cole are the best signings.. It isn't just a simple bargain free transfer, their wages and signing on fees are basically like them signing noramlly. Chamakh for example, close to 8M in fees so far? In that sense, a free signing could be a flop?

Walsall signing........ Oh wait.. We just get a bunch of loans and free transfers every year..

For the money spent, well not spent: Joe Cole and Marouane Chamakh

Best player: David Silva

Voted for Joe Cole, a steal for nothing although I think Silva and Chamakh will also be 2 very good players in the league.

Best

David Silva to us

David Villa to Barcelona

Worst

Chris Smalling to Manchester United (Gave away a penalty on his debut, and doesn't look the best, good in the air though, not worth 7M)

I disagree that Chamakh and Joe Cole are the best signings.. It isn't just a simple bargain free transfer, their wages and signing on fees are basically like them signing noramlly. Chamakh for example, close to 8M in fees so far? In that sense, a free signing could be a flop?
but you havent factored in wages for the other players either, silva is like 45 million in that case for example. so its still a steal

i think out of them its yaya toure, i think he will bring real balance to the man city team, and should play the makalele role really well.

But IMO i think its kenwyne jones to stoke. i think him and fuller up front will be really good, and with etherington whipping them in i think they will both score a flurry of goals, maybe do a birmingham of last season and finish top half?

Best

David Silva to us

David Villa to Barcelona

Worst

Yes it is. Players you pay a transfer fee for also have wages and signing on fee's so they are simple bargain free transfers.

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

i think out of them its yaya toure, i think he will bring real balance to the man city team, and should play the makalele role really well.

But IMO i think its kenwyne jones to stoke. i think him and fuller up front will be really good, and with etherington whipping them in i think they will both score a flurry of goals, maybe do a birmingham of last season and finish top half?

Will Tuncay not partner Jones?

Best

David Silva to us

David Villa to Barcelona

Worst

Kolarov is no way the worst, in the first game he played against Dortmund he was our best player, infact he was our only good player that game

So obvious it was going to be Ramires for you.

Value for money = Joe Cole £0
Best signing = David Silva £24m

However you haven't said transfers specifically into the Premier League so;

David Villa = £34m.

I would say:
Value for money - Joe Cole - Free Transfer
Best signing - Javier Hernandez - £7m
Abroad (Value for money) - Carlos Marchena - £2m
Best signing - David Villa - £34m

I have been very impressed with Hernandez, at the World Cup and in pre-season (he scored against United when playing for Chivas and scored in the community shield). He reminds me of Jermain Defoe last season, or Michael Owen when he was at Liverpool, a great poacher and brought at a bargain price from Fergie.

Hopefully our new goalie and CB will be good though

umm what goalie?

I was thinking Balotelli, because i think if he plays enough, he has the potential to score 20+ goals this season. However, with a £22.5m price tag - it's sort of what you should expect from a striker. Then i thought Javier Hernandez, he looks like a very bright young player, and as long as he plays, he can fulfil his potential, and have a decent first season.
In the end, i went for Chamakh, not because i'm an Arsenal fan, but because he was free and already looks like a brilliant piece of business for the club. Joe Cole could be a good one too.

Javier Hernandez and Ramires

Hernandez cos he heas unreal pace and can give most backlines a run around,someone who knows how to lead the attack unlike Berbatov

Ramiers because he works like a horse,perfect for the Premere League and a great back-up for Ballack

Back